The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
I hope your all well and a pain free weekend to you. Sorry I haven’t posted more, but those Doctor’s keep you running, and that is after they tell you to go home and relax. I’m doing very well, my lupus is almost nonexistent and I am pretty much pain free , wow does that ever feel good. I finished my chemo treatments and here is where I stand now, my lower back pain turned out to be disc degeneration not cancer, same with my shoulder. They did a CT to see what my liver tumor is doing, since they can hardly feel it. The tumor {primary} I haven’t got the results back, but it was stable the last time I had a CT. Now I am waiting for an MRI for the brain lesion, which they said they are not worried about at this point. I did end up with a blood clot and am now taking warafin, that wasn’t a surprise though, my rheumy was debating on putting me on a blood thinner a couple of years back, when I had ulcers.

So far so good, the last chemo treatment got me though, the side effects are really getting me down, I tend to sleep allot and my legs are so stiff, I feel like I’m walking on stumps. I really shouldn’t complain though, I’m not as bad off as some and I can still get out and about and do my daily chores, so I count myself as pretty lucky. I also have more treatment options now where as before I didn’t, in fact the home care nurse told me the doctors were not going to offer any treatment, not even chemo. I think I’m pretty lucky…

Hugs Jude

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Jude,
So happy to hear that you are doing so much better. I was wondering about you just the other day, so i'm glad you posted. It's great that you haven't had to many bad side effects from the treatment. I hope things continue to go smoothly for you. Keep us posted on how you're getting along.

Keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you well,
Mary

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Great to see you back on the boards Jude! What a journey you've been through girl. My thoughts are with you and hope that you keep getting stronger.

You're a fighter and this too shall pass.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Hi Jude,
It is so good to see your post.:) I have been wondering how you have been doing.
It is great to hear your good news. I am very happy for you. Keep up the great work!:hug::hug:

I hope your last chemo side effects go away soon!

Love & Prayers,
Lyn

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Jude :)

Its lovely to hear from you and Im so pleased everything is going well at the moment:)

I hope you continue to go from strength to strength!

Lots of love
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hope you have a Happy Birthday!!

Hello Jude

So good to hear from you. You are certainly an inspiration!

I'm hoping you have a really Happy Birthday.

Lots of love

Judi xx

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
What good news Jude- I am happy for you and hope all will get even better. Thanks for the update

:)

Clare

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank-you for your thoughtful replies, it is so nice to be able to come here and feel the friendlyness and genuine caring thoughts. I got the CT results on my liver and lungs, yesterday. Both show shrinkage and improvement of tumors.:yahoo: It just can't get any better than that, or can it? God bless you all...

Hugs Jude:)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Praise God for the good news! I'm very happy for you and pray that the good news continues.

Love, Pollyanna :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.