TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone
I hope your all well and a pain free weekend to you. Sorry I haven’t posted more, but those Doctor’s keep you running, and that is after they tell you to go home and relax. I’m doing very well, my lupus is almost nonexistent and I am pretty much pain free , wow does that ever feel good. I finished my chemo treatments and here is where I stand now, my lower back pain turned out to be disc degeneration not cancer, same with my shoulder. They did a CT to see what my liver tumor is doing, since they can hardly feel it. The tumor {primary} I haven’t got the results back, but it was stable the last time I had a CT. Now I am waiting for an MRI for the brain lesion, which they said they are not worried about at this point. I did end up with a blood clot and am now taking warafin, that wasn’t a surprise though, my rheumy was debating on putting me on a blood thinner a couple of years back, when I had ulcers.

So far so good, the last chemo treatment got me though, the side effects are really getting me down, I tend to sleep allot and my legs are so stiff, I feel like I’m walking on stumps. I really shouldn’t complain though, I’m not as bad off as some and I can still get out and about and do my daily chores, so I count myself as pretty lucky. I also have more treatment options now where as before I didn’t, in fact the home care nurse told me the doctors were not going to offer any treatment, not even chemo. I think I’m pretty lucky…

Hugs Jude

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Jude,
So happy to hear that you are doing so much better. I was wondering about you just the other day, so i'm glad you posted. It's great that you haven't had to many bad side effects from the treatment. I hope things continue to go smoothly for you. Keep us posted on how you're getting along.

Keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you well,
Mary

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Hi Jude, I'm so very glad to hear the good news! And glad to see you post.

Keep on getting better and stronger. Life is sounding truly sweet.

Hugs,
Sunny

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Thanks for writing - sounds like things are going pretty well all in all and that's great news. Take care of yourself & rest when you need to. :)

(((hugs)))

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Great to see you back on the boards Jude! What a journey you've been through girl. My thoughts are with you and hope that you keep getting stronger.

You're a fighter and this too shall pass.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Jude,
It is so good to see your post.:) I have been wondering how you have been doing.
It is great to hear your good news. I am very happy for you. Keep up the great work!:hug::hug:

I hope your last chemo side effects go away soon!

Love & Prayers,
Lyn

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Jude.

Your courage and positive attitude is a true inspiration!

I hope you have a fantastic birthday!

X T X

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Jude :)

Its lovely to hear from you and Im so pleased everything is going well at the moment:)

I hope you continue to go from strength to strength!

Lots of love
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hope you have a Happy Birthday!!

Hello Jude

So good to hear from you. You are certainly an inspiration!

I'm hoping you have a really Happy Birthday.

Lots of love

Judi xx

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
What good news Jude- I am happy for you and hope all will get even better. Thanks for the update

:)

Clare

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank-you for your thoughtful replies, it is so nice to be able to come here and feel the friendlyness and genuine caring thoughts. I got the CT results on my liver and lungs, yesterday. Both show shrinkage and improvement of tumors.:yahoo: It just can't get any better than that, or can it? God bless you all...

Hugs Jude:)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Praise God for the good news! I'm very happy for you and pray that the good news continues.

Love, Pollyanna :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
I am glad that you are doing better and I hope the chemo wears off soon. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

BIGS HUGS,
JEN

1 - 15 of 15 Posts