The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really sure why i'm posting on here. I'm just fed up and bored of myself not being quite right and very depressed. I suppose I wish I had some sort of definate dx so I could say to myself "I'm not rubbish, I just have Lupus!" or something like that. I've found tips on here quite useful. I've started making a list of the problems I have ready for when I see the rheumy on 15th. I just know he'll do all the blood tests again, they'll still look mainly ok and he'll say keep taking the plaquenil and discharge me to be reffed back by GP if I develop additional symptoms. I suppose I am wasting his time - but I am so sick of being tired, and achy and stiff. Fed up with sore throats and ulcers and weird vertigo overwhelming me for no reason at unpredictable moments.

Most of all though, I with the depression would go away. I've been on meds for so many years. I see a therapist and everytime i feel I've made progress and I'm getting better it comes back for no reason. Today I'm only half convinced there is any point in carrying on with meds etc or turning up to appointments. I only stick around for my daughter.

Anyway, thanks for reading my hideous self pitying whinge. I just wanted to be able to tell someone how it is.

Wendy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Wendy

Chin up....a lot of us here can empathise with you and this is the place to post, after all. I have days when I just cannot control the pain and that in itself is enough to make anyone feel depressed.

Sorry I probably haven't been much help but hugs to you and hope things brighten up for you soon.

Jen x :calm:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Hi Wendy,
We have all been there, & it will get better. Just keep pushing to find out whats wrong.
Big hugs
Sandra.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Wendy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so down. It is extremely frustrating when you know there is something very seriously wrong but no-one can seem to find the answers. I went through that for eight years before diagnosis and really understand where you're coming from.

Depression is also an important part of auto-immune diseases for many people and it is important to treat it. I know you have been treating it but maybe you need to review meds and talk to your doctor about it. I know that some people find that after a while, their meds don't have the same effect and they need to change/adjust.

Lastly, yes, it is worthwhile keeping on going back to the docs and keeping on pushing for answers. A lot of people here have had to fight for their diagnosis and no-one is saying it is easy but I think that they'd all agree it's worthwhile in the end.

huge hugs :grouphug2:
Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi Wendy,

Sorry to hear how low you are feeling!

Katherine has given you some very good advice!

Try and keep positive and fight for some answers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts