The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm still no further forwards on finding treatment, and things are kind of... squiffy here. I've been having nosebleeds.. two today. Just sitting there and *bleh* there it goes. Does anyone know what this is caused by? (It's too humid to be dry air or other irritation... which is all I could think of).

Also, I'm tired--not just *yawn* but more like *last breath* :lol: I have been up and doing stuff yesterday and today, more than I have been recently. I mowed the lawn, did laundry and cleaning, and some weeding and watering.

Now I feel like my head is being squeezed--not a headache but pressure, and I'm tired... like my bones feel heavy and it's too much work to move them... and the nosebleeds of course.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Hope you're all having a good TGIF :blush:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I'm not really sure but what's happening to you (I believe the nosebleeds have been happening before) could be caused by low platelets (among other things) and if you are really feeling that bad I wouldn't wait too long before taking myself off to the docs. I know you don't really have a doc but if things don't improve then you'll have to go to A&E, you can't keep ignoring all this.

It also sounds like you may have majorly overdone things which may have helped bring this on too.

Katharine

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HEy KAtharine,
thanks for the reply. i got another one this morning. it's been over ten minutes and t's taking its time to stop. i dont feel good. im going to call my current dr, im not so sure he'll care but i can;t sit here and not do antyhing. i feel so ... odd. lightheaded, almost migrainey, nauseous, tired... and nosebleeds always just make me feel damn weird.

:worried:

[friend to me just now about why im feeling so bad right now: maybe you have too much time to think about negative things. when you're in school you're pre-occupied, but during the summer you have nothing going on. wow. way to say i's in my head!!!! grrrr!]

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
(((Shufu)))

I hope by now you have seen your doctor and are finding out the reason behind it all.:hug: You definitely need to have this all checked out.

As far as your friend.:grrr: I think everyone can relate to friends that have an imaginary "MD" behind their names.:screamin:

Please let us know how you are doing.

Love&:hug:
Lyn

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quick update:

I called my Dr yesterday, but he is at a conference and "probably won't return calls until late Sunday night or Monday". I left a message. I don't want to call the other practice he listed, since they don't know me at all.. and with it being the weekend they can't actually do anything.

I just have to wait for my Dr to call back (if he even does--there's a large chance that he won't even return my call) or try calling again. I can't speak to him during the day though (only his wife, who is the secretary and the nurse) and see what she says. But, she's always so short with people on the phone (because she's the only one there and therefore so busy) that I get too intimidated to talk to her and hang up... :worried:

I'm just so... blah. No nosebleed yet today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.