The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lupus and fibromyalgia. I take 17 different types of medications and I have been able to keep all my symptoms under control for 13 years until 6 months ago when I had my first flare. The fibromyalgia was not diagnosed until 3 months ago. I now suffer from severe lower back pain and hip pain when I stand for more then 5 minutes. It goes away when I rest. Could that be the fibromyalgia or just plain old back pain.

Has anyone out there suffered from tendonitis and bursitis of there feet and ankles? I have bubbles on the bottom of both beet and it is very painful. I also have tendonitis in both achillies tendons. This started 6 months ago when I had my first flare and has not gone away. I have been pulled out of work and told to start looking into benifits because my GP does not feel I will be able to work for the forseeable future. It makes a lot of sence as I can not walk. It feels as if my feet and ankles had beem wipped and I am walking on stones. Nothing takes the pain away. Taking Methotrexate 20mg, prednisolone 60 mgs and nsaids along with morphine as needed.

I have read in a few posts about skicky blood. What is that? Is it the lupus anticoagulant that increases your risk for DVT's?

Has anyone or do you know anyone who has filed a vaccine damage claim with the DWP? I am in the process as I recieved the MMR to get mumps coverage 7 months ago and within 4 weeks had this terrible flare that has caused all these problems.

Thanks
Stacie

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Re: Vaccine

Stacielee;494598 said:
Has anyone or do you know anyone who has filed a vaccine damage claim with the DWP? I am in the process as I recieved the MMR to get mumps coverage 7 months ago and within 4 weeks had this terrible flare that has caused all these problems.

Thanks
Stacie
Hi Stacie,

Sorry to hear you are not great at present!

Just thought this info may help! My Mum has MS and has always been told by her neurologist not to have vaccine's (especially live one's) as they can cause her symptoms to get worse!!!! As MS is auto-immune perhaps Lupus suffers should have the same advise. I'm not sure if every consultant would have the same view but it is something to research for your claim. Was the person that requested you to have MMR and the person who gave the injection aware aware of your problems!

Maybe someone else has been given the same advice as my Mum. Perhaps you can check with your own consultant on what his views are (I would send a letter so that you have documentation and do not mention your immenent claim)!

If I was in your position I would try to assertain whether you should have been given the MMR in the first place (having Lupus) as well as was the MMR the trigger to a flare? If you should not have received the MMR in the first place due to existing medical conditions then perhaps you put a complaint in at that point as well!

Once you have all your info I would definatley seek legal medical help with your claim so that you give yourself the best chance of being successful. I understand some companies will handle it FOC in some instances!

Hope this info does not stress you more!

Take care!

Lesley

·
Registered
72 Posts
hiya stacie,

i cant help with the MMR question, but as a fellow sufferer of lupus/fibromyalgia i just wanted to say,how sorry i am that you are so much pain.. i to am in a fibro flare at the moment and the pain in my back hips and legs is unbearable dispite the meds i have....i do hope you get some answers and can find a way of controlling your pain.....

good luck take care
sending you a hug:there:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oh my goodness! Fibro flares too? Boy, I have a TON to learn here yet!:worried: I was thinking maybe I was having a UCTD flare, but I didn't know fibro flared too! My back/hips/pelvis is killing me too, but that story is in another post.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi there, I suffer from lupus, fibro, and the overlaps. As I remember, nothing helped my pain in a fibro flare. I was using Lidocane patches and
fentynel (sp) patches, and then would sit in a whirlpool. I got relief while I was in there, and about 20 minutes after, but that is all. I would suggest that you contact your Rheumy and tell him that your meds that you are on, still don't work, can you change to something else? be well.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi,

With regard to the vaccine - Generally live vaccines are not recommended for lupus patients.

I'm afraid that's all I know.
There's some general info about the flu vaccine and which mentions live vaccines in this thread:

http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51926

Katharine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.