The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to see a new Rheumatologist yesterday after waiting for 6 months to receive an 8 week follow-up.
Because the hospital had "lost" me in the system during the years I was mostly symptom-free, he wants to see me again in December by which time he'll have read up on my file and will be reassessing my diagnosis. I'm excited to think that someone will be finally looking at the whole picture because up until now my care has been far from cohesive.

I told him that the Plaquenil had taken a good few months to kick in and we discussed the ongoing hand & feet pain and stiffness that I experience, particularly in the mornings. He gave me slow-release Ibuprofen to take, 400mg twice daily and this morning…I woke up pain-free! I feel so encouraged; the last time I felt like this I was taking the Prednisolone so at least I'm not bouncing off the walls this time!

Role on December so I can find out exactly what the Rheumy thinks is going on...

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Freya,

:yahoo:, you finally got to see the doctor. I am glad to hear your appointment went so well. Mark that pain free morning on the calendar, after all this time it is a special event. I hope it continues to be the norm and not the exception.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.