TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am a little nervous today as tomorrow I go to the oncoligist... And I know they saw something on my bowel the last time I was in for my ultrasound... I have them every three months... they do a full body... The girl that was doing it said... " do you have diverticulosis or chrones". And I said " not that I am aware of "... She said nothing more. I know they can't say anything... But I have been concerned ever since ,as I have had chronic diahrea for the last six months or more...
For those who do not know me... I was diagnosed with lupus seven years ago.. Along with Rheumatoid Arthritis... Then a few years later diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma... I have been having treatments ever since... I went into remission once and it lasted almost a year...
They started giving me Retuxan along with my other chemo about two years ago... And I have been feeling very good...Other than some aches and pains... But then again who doesn't have that...
I am due to go for chemo again in a couple of weeks... Every time I go... she says the tests came back with a few lymph nodes in your neck and chin area, nothing on your organs... But I am worried this time I wont be so lucky...
And of course they sent me a letter the other day saying I was to go to a different hospital this time... And I am so familiar with the one I usually go to... This is the time I am going alone also...my husband is busy doing a job and I dont want him to take the time off to go with me...I hope I dont get lost... I am going to leave early tomorrow morning to give myself lots of time just in case.... I am going to stop at Tim hortons to get a strong coffee for nerves:hehe: and then I am going to start out... :hehe:.. of course by the time I come home.... I might need something stronger than a coffee:lol:.
Thank you for listening to me.... Wish me luck... I will let you know how it all turns out....
:love2: love Penny

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Penny,

I'm afraid I really know very little about your specific probems but just wanted to say that I'll be thinking of you and that I hope it all goes well.

best of luck,
:hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Penny :hug: :hug:

I can only begin to imagine how nervous you must feel :worried: My heart goes out to you and I hope with all my heart that the news is good. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and holding your hand in spirit for strength.

Much love and luck to you. You have faced so much with so much courage and that same courage will get you through tomorrow no matter what it brings.

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Penny,

Good luck tomorrow.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Love and hugs!

Lesley

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Best wishes for good news tomorrow, and an easy time finding that new hospital. I think this is also a fine time for chocolates! :)

I had to almost laugh about getting a strong cup of coffee for nerves because isn't caffeine supposed to be MORE nervous making!? :lol:

·
11,405 Posts
(((Penny))))

No wonder you are feeling so nervous. :hug: I know how hard it is not to worry.

I once had a lab tech tell me my heart was doing great, she didn't see any problems. I went to my doc. app. a week later thinking I was in the clear. Only to find out I wasn't in the clear and I still had problems. What I am trying to say that don't go by the lab tech. Only the doctor can read them.

You have gone threw so much. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
We new Grandmothers need to stick together.:wink2:

Lots of love and prayers coming your way.
:love:
Lyn

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Penny

I too am hopefull that all will be well with you. Have a safe journey and a good nights sleep when you get home!

God Bless,
annada

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good luck for today!

Just thought id pop in to say Good Luck for today.
Hope everything goes ok.
Ull be in my thoughts.
Luv Gwennie x

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
All the very best Penny, and I'll be watching for your update. I really really hope it is good news for you:hug:

X C X

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey ((((((((((((Penny))))))))))) :hugbetter:

Hope everything goes well today.

Sending loads and loads of hugs and positive thoughts your way :grouphug2::grhug:

:flowery:

Zoi

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Penny:

(((HUGS))) I am praying for you and have everything crossed, fingers, toes, even eyes, hoping that the news will be good.

Let us know how you are doing!

Love Stephanie

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
((((((((((penny))))))))))

wishing you lot's of luck for today! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I pray everthing turns out fine for you, please let us know how you get on we will all be thinking of you.

lot's of love & supportive hugs to you penny :grhug:
love karen x

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello everyone,

I just got back from my appointment, and did not get lost...Well I did a little inside the hospital grounds but not too bad....
My appointment went pretty good... She said my counts were not too bad this time... but she is going to send me for a Colonoscopy:sad:... I am just going to think positive... Just one more little glitch in my life... I will look at the positive side to all of this... I might lose a little weight with all the prep you have to do before the test:rotfl: I gave myself a scolding on the way to the hospital..."positive thinking Penny".... Well I am back :)

Thank you for all your support it really does make a difference when you know people are thinking and praying and crossing their fingers and eyes for you....Thank you from the bottom of my heart... I will keep you updated ....

With lots of love
:love2: Penny

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Penny:

Well, OK news I guess! I get a colonoscopy every year, they really aren't bad...some of the most restful sleep I ever get is under ansethesia.

I always joke and weigh myself before and after the cleansing process and then I shout to my hubby 1?? lbs no "S*^&"...I think you get the drift.

Most time this test is done as a precaution and so they can see whats happening, so don't worry until you have something to worry about.

Stay calm - Love -Stephanie

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Dear Penny
Good news about your blood counts and we'll have to hope with all our might and main along with you that the colonoscopy doesn't reveal anything too serious, just they find out what's causing the diarrhea and get it put right.
Love and hugs
Clare

·
The one and only
1,978 Posts
Hey Penny...

Hope that everything went well yesterday... you are in my prayers!

·
The one and only
1,978 Posts
OOOPPPS... sorry my lupie mind didnt see the 2nd page of replies :rotfl:.... glad that things are looking up... Have a wonderful weekend!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Penny,
I am glad things look good at your tests. I know a colonoscopy is not fun, but you will have answers. If it makes you feel better I may have to have a endosocpy colonoscopy:(

I think you are always upbeat and positive, so please don't give yourself to stern of lectures:lol: I would be mess, so your doing great!!!!!!!

Hang in there,
Becca

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Penny

I am so sorry i missed this post last week but was out of town for the week until thursday night.I know what you mean by the loosing wieght with the preperation of the colonoscopy:lol:.I know you do not look forward to it at all((((hugs))))but if it gives you clean bill of health in that area it will be worth it.I am really hoping crossing my fingers praying everything comes out clean:hehe:as a whistle.Please let us know when you find out something for sure.You have been through so much in the last few years it is about time for something good here((((hugs)))).

Tammy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts