The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok hey i'm cecee 16 north carolina...most of you already know me for others who don't hi!!
anyway.. its been 6 weeks since i had my hip surgery :) bad news is i'm still gona have a hip replacement soon..but thats not why i'm here..the stitch on my leg started hurting when i put my finger at teh lower part of it..well i started smeling somethign relly horrible like a dog's poop only much worse!!! i din't know what it was so i reached down at my leg but it was already moist..it had been like that for a couple of days.then i smelled my [email protected] it was me smelling like that..so i took the bandages offf and i see a bunch of white stinky smelling stuff on my leg and i don't know what it is...its not rlly oozing it just stays there and when i touch it
it seems like its kinda clumpy..does aneone know what this means?:eek:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
It sounds like a major infection is brewing.

You said your 16 right?

Have you told mom or dad and let them see it?

Sounds like you need to get it looked at ASAP.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i told my grandma but she didnt say anething
i guess cuz she was half asleep, i'll tell her again tomorow..my hip healed without a problem but my leg is oozing

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi cutie,

This really needs to be seen to, are they changing your bandages regularly and have you been told to keep it dry?

I would get it checked out at the ER if you can't get to your family doc. It should be seen to quickly, if it gets bad enough it will spread through your entire body and that could have disastrous and very dangerous effects.

Please let us know how you are :hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Cecee please dont wonder any longer what it may be 'go to ER and get it looked at'!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi cecee,
Absoulutely one hundred million percent sounds like wound infection. Ooozing and being smelly is sure sign.
You must absolutely get it checked by a doc as soon as possible. Untreated infection can spread very quickly both internally and externally.
you must please get it checked, don't quibble or wonder about it, just do it as soon as you can.

I hop you manage to get it treated.

Good Luck

Cassie.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Cecee,

I'm with the others in this! That needs checking out ASAP! Infection like that can be extremely dangerous.

Katharine

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i told my gma this morning and there is like and opening in my leg i can feel and poke..my gma said its just probably healing

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I hate to say this but I would not take GMA's word for it.
Please get it checked out. No healing wound should ever smell bad. Ever!!!

Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Cecee, let me know how you get on!

PM - if you prefer!

Take care and lots of hugs!

Love Lesley

ps - going to ER is a hassle I know (in UK could take 2-4 hours to be seen), but much safer to get thing checked! Even if they say your wound is okay then at least your mind will be out at ease!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi ceecee,

Is it possible for your sister to take you or even a family friend or neighbour? I know your Grandma has a lot on her plate and she obviously doesn't understand that this isn't normal.

It's definitely should not be happening, it sounds like an infection for sure. It's not normal healing especially five and a half weeks after surgery!

Were you meant to go back and have stitches taken out, they should have been taken out long before now.

It could be an infection around one of the stitches if they are still in there, or it could be a more serious infection, either way it needs to be assessed by a doctor.

Please do what you can to see one or go to the ER sweetums.

sending hugs,

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
CeCe,:hug:
Do you have friends who could take you to the ER? Are you currently on antibiotics? Exactly how often do you change the dressing?
I am with the others and it is not worth-waiting and seeing what happens-okay
Are you in any pain? How deep is the wound?
It just does not sound good-sweetheart:(

Let us know how you are doing and what happens.

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Cecee,
Is there not an adult who is resonsible for you who can take you get this checked out?
Serious wound infection can cause very seriuos consequences and Katherine is right if it was just healing it would not smell, its smelling because there is infection inside the wound.
In the short term i would advise cleaning the wound with some warm water and putting on a clean dressing if you have one. but it must be checked out as soon as possible.
Serious wound infections can spread to the blood or surrounding areas and cause serious health problems or tissue damage.

Cassie

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thank you all for your advice and concern
i finally got my grandma to take me and i did have an infection!!! i'm on antibiotics and i go back to teh doc the 9th :) if it wasnt for yall i'd probably be in MAJOR TROUBLE!!

·
Banned
808 Posts
I am so pleased, not of course that you have an infection, but that you have got it seen, hope the antibiotics sort things out for you.

Take care of yourself, ((hugs))

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Cecee,

You take care now and make sure you dont forget to take those antibiotics!

If wound gets worse or no better before your next appointment make sure you phone and get an earlier one!

Take care,

Love Lesley
xxx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi again Cecee,

I am much relieved that you were able to get Grandma to take you :)

look after yourself now and do make sure you never neglect anything like that in future.

Katharine

1 - 20 of 24 Posts