TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol: ;) :worried: :eek: :eek: i have 3 children and a great husband, and have just been told i have lupus. as i have been ill for over 6years i am at leastglad to know wot is wrong. i am also in a bit of shock as i had not heard alot about this except the horror stotrys(no one ever talks about the mild cases) i am slowly coming to terms with this but at the moment am having a flare so am finding life a bit hard at the moment. still my kids make me laugh a lot and that helps, hope to keep in touch with you all as much as i can but only get internet at the library so dont reply to fast .thanks for beeing there.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Golly what are u doing at the Library at this time of night!:eek:

Welcome 'red dragon'!

I was only diagnosed in Dec 2007, had been quite ill for last 9 years! Did have symptoms prior to that but just carried on with life!

I have 4 boys, and they do help me with their laughter - not much time to dwell about health problems, which keeps me stong in mind if not the body!

Ask anway with any question on this site, there is generally someone that can help answer!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi there Red. I see you're in Scotland too. I have one daughter at home and 4 grown up step children, though I'm hoping one of them will move back for a few months to work on a project with me as an apprentice. Hope your flare settles soon.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Red Dragon and :welcome:

I am a fellow scot from the Glasgow area. I was diagnosed almost 2 years ago and I know how scary it can be - the one thing that helped me was this message board which is a wealth of information and support.

Are you on any medication to control your lupus? I hope your flare settles down soon.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Red Dragon, I am a long term Lupus Patient with a 20 year old Son and a 17 year old Daughter. (She has Lupus too)

Even when you are hoping for a diagnosis it can be a real emotional big dipper.
You have the feelings to cope with and you are in a flare as well!

It is good to meet you. I have a friend on the Isle of Harris.
x Lola

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
It is interesting how a lot of people here with Lupus are from Scotland.

Any correlation there between geographics and Lupus?:( :( :(

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Nope Karol, no correllation...for a while there the Scots were very alone on this board !!

There is a difference in race with some races more predisposed than others but not geography.

Katharine

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Oh and of course HI and :welcome: to you red dragon!!

Katharine

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hello Red Dragon,

Welcome to the site, where you will get lots of support and a whole lot of information, every one here is kind and helpful...Take care and keep smiling...

Love Penny

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks

:) thanks for your support it's good to know i'm not alone. Am slowly coming to terms with lupus but it is very frustrating when i can't do all the things I want to do,like staying awake, walking my dog and playing with my kids, who bye the way have been real stars and help me as much as they can 8)8)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Red Dragon

I guess you aren't so new! Good to hear from you again anyway.
Good Luck for the physio- I hope it helps and the physio knows what she's doing. Do you see a rheumatologist?

Bye for now
Clare

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice to know i have a friend. lupus seems to be missunderstud [god my spelling is cr**]everyone just thinks your lazey when u need a nap in the day [well i am really,just use lupus as an excuse ]gets me down at times but just have to get on with it .hope u are ok

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi yes i do see a specilaist but only every 6 months.now go to the gym twice a week on a gp referall am enjoying it .[not something i thought id say] it has helped a lot ,i can walk a lot better now and only use one stick so thats good.hope u are doing well.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Red Dragon, Good to hear from you. Well Done for the Gym. I went for a long time and enjoyed it too but mine has closed down. It was a small one mainly for people with Disabilities.

Glad to hear the children have taken to things so well. I was ill when mine were younger and it doesn't seem to have harmed them one bit, maybe even made them better people.
x Lola

1 - 16 of 16 Posts