The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI. I've just come back from an orthopedic appointment which was meant to assess me on what treatment they can do for my bursitis in my hips. I have tried injections and rest yet it still hurts.
I was amazed with how thorough and nice the doctor was. I have neuro symptoms which affects my walking and she seemed to focus on that and asked in depth questions about my pregnancy with my daughter and the did a neuro exam. I was nt expecting any of that. I have no diagnosis from any neuros I've seen and she did not offer any either but it was just nice to see a doctor who was interested in how this all effects my life. It was also nice not to feel like a hydrochondriac when you walk out.

She refering me for physio as my muscles are weak and it might help with walking etc.
:blush:

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I am glad that you had such a nice visit and this doctor does seem like a keeper.

Good luck with your physio and I do hope it helps.

I have been having a problem with my hip and I hope that my rhemo will be able to find out what is causing it.

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Bursitis

hi purplesnowflake i also have bursitis in both of my hips i have had it for 16yrs i also go for injections i had one last week got another one to go for on friday but my own gp does it in the surgery i dont have to go to the hospital the very first one that i had lasted for 5yrs it was only in my left hip but now it is in both but the time in between now is only a couple of months he sent me to see orthopedic last year but he said he was happy for my own gp to give me them as long as i was happy with that told him yes it saves me another trip to the hospital spend enough time up there do you have cruches to use i have ny physio gave me them only problem i hate to use them you have so many people asking what is wrong with you will you let me know how long you have had it elisabeth:) :)

·
11,409 Posts
Hi Purplesnowflake,

It sure makes it a lot easier on us when we find a caring doctor.

I hope you find relief to your painful hips.:hug:

Take care and please let us know how you are doing.

:love2:

Lyn

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Elisabeth

I ve had bursitis for 2 ish years maybe longer. I just put up with it but it was getting worse.
I do nt use crutches though I did think about it but the idea of people asking me questions put me off. They just stare at me instead when I have wobbly days and my legs think I've a bottle of wine.

I hope you are ok. Take care

Purplesnowflake:blush:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi, Purple, I am so glad for you that you got two nice dr.'s That's
two more than most of us get. This will make you feel more comfortable
talking to them about any new problems. I also want to wish you good
luck with your phisio, it may be hard at first, but stick with it, if you do,
you will come out the winner. Let us know how you are comming along.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts