The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd spread some positive news around :)

You've all heard me complain enough over the past few months and you've all been there when I got down and fed up.

So, I want to share some good news and encouragement. I have been feeling almost normal for about two weeks now :eleph: I still have a little trouble with tiredness but somehow it's not the same, there's a subtle difference in that tiredness. My joints are still a bit tender but I can manage to walk the dog a bit further and a bit faster! My brain fog has almost entirely lifted!

Yesterday, I went down to the local gym - there's very little choice of gentle sport options in my town - and I enquired about what they could do with me. I asked them to consider me as a 70 year old with creaky arthriticky joints :rotfl: At least that gave them a good laugh!!

Today, I went down there and started a little gentle work, very gentle, nice and slow but I know I'll get there. The last two weeks have had me dreaming of aikido and riding horses again - Let's just say, I'm really motivated even if I know that I'll never be breaking in young mad horses and I'll do my aikido gently, letting the young men throw themselves around at my feet rather than me being thrown.

I started to taper my pred dose around Christmas. Going from 15mg to 12.5 then to 10 wasn't easy - in fact Christmas was pretty awful because of it - I really felt I would never see the end, that there was no way out of this flare I had been in for a year. Then, after a month, it levelled out and I just felt like a did before. Not great! as before was definitely not full of energy.

And then, suddenly, it all kind of lifted and I feel GOOD. I'm currently tapering again down to 7.5mg of pred and I'm hoping not to go through the same thing again, but if I do, I know I'll come out the other side and it'll be OK.

I don't know why the improvement. Maybe it's the imuran having more effect - I started about three months ago - Maybe the plaquenil has suddenly kicked in - Whatever it is, I'm delighted and just hope it'll keep going. I know I'll have bad days, tired days... but on the whole, I can live with this almost normal state and being able to finally consider a tiny bit of exercise and getting my body back in shape a little.

It has taken 10 months to get here. At times that seemed soooo long but I hope it'll encourage others to know that I did get here!

Next month I have to go back to work. I'll start back half time and I'm obviously, super super happy the improvement has come at such a good time.

I hope you're all keeping well today,
Katharine

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey!!!!

That is some good news. I hope it holds for a long time. I don't question what brings about "good times" just try to enjoy them. We never know when when they will be taken away. Keep motivated! Good luck.

LG
Monique

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi katharine :)

Thank you for such an inspirational post!!I am so happy for you :dancing:

you certainly have had a rough time & I'm sorry to hear you weren't too good over the christmas.but what a difference a few weeks can make!

katharine if you don't mind me asking what doses do you take for the plaquenil/immuran?
I'm on both of them too,my flare started around the same time as yours so fingers crossed I will be joining you soon :hehe: thanks for giving me hope :)

I'm glad you're making the most of feeling better :) .aikido sounds fab,but when you have all them men throwing themseves at your feet katharine try to remember you're a married woman now!:hehe: :lol:

I hope you continue to feel good katharine for a long time to come!
take care :hug: karen x

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Karen,

I'm on 400mg plaquenil and 150mg imuran.

As for being a married woman :hehe: I sure am! and a very happy one, but I certainly hope to continue the looking - and not touching - for many years to come :rotfl:

Katharine

·
Registered
642 Posts
Wonderful news Katharine and very timely.:stretch: And exercising too!

Long may it continue. The dog won't be able to keep up with you:lol: soon.
Very best wishes

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Katherine,

Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us! I am so happy for you. :) I will be thinking of you, as you start this new and exciting chapter in your life.
Have so much fun! You made my day. I love hearing that a fellow lupie is turning a corner in feeling better, and doing the things in life they enjoy so much!

Just wonderful news! :lol:

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
580 Posts
Katharine, i am so happy and exited for you. When i read your post it made me so happy to hear that you are doing much much better. You have always
replied to my posts and i am so very grateful for that.

i wish you all the best. :bigsmile: :champagne:

·
rockstar!
837 Posts
Katharine...I hope you enjoy this remission for as long as it lasts!! (hmm...indefinite would be nice, eh?). And how wonderful to start getting back to the things you love, even if slowly. Yay!

:)

-kit

·
Administrator
10,199 Posts
Hi Katherine,

I am so happy for you. Hopefully these good times will last a long time.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
184 Posts
YEAH!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!:more:
New Year New You I pray that it will continue and I too feel more positive since I added imuran to my cocktail very similar to your outcome still tired but I feel the difference!:)
Congrats again and remember to pace yourself its those good days that we think we are invincibe and then we pay the price the next three days, so take it slow but enjoy the new freedom!!:) Awesome!!:champagne:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
That is truly wonderful news and gives a lot of us some hope as well :)

Thankfully it also came at a good time! Enjoy it and may it last a long LONG time!

·
florie
589 Posts
I am so happy for, I too hope it last forever. It's good that you are able to go out and exercise and walk the dog , your news puts hope for others to know there is a long deserved break of feeling well. Enjoy Enjoy.:flowery:

Always, Florie:rose:

:dancing:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
This is fantastic news Katharine :yahoo: :dancing:

I'm keeping everything crossed for you. Keep us posted on your progress.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:woohoo: Katharine! Thanks for sharing your positive news with us, it will give others hope. As far as Imuran goes...........I :love: the stuff!

PS The idea of young men throwing themselves at your feet sounds pretty good too :rotfl:

love
Lily

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Katherine, I hope it is still going well. It is good to see you haven't forgotten everyone just because you are having a better time just now.
Hope to catch you in Chat sometime.
x Lola

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Great news Katherine ! :) I'm really pleased for you and hope it lasts.

Cheers

Clare

·
11,410 Posts
:bounce::eleph::woohoo:

That is great news! I love to hear happy and postive posts.

Take care,
Lyn

1 - 20 of 24 Posts