TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I hope you are all ok?

I have a quick question if you don't mind. As has been suggested to others on here before I have started keeping a diary and I was having flick through this morning.

I have notice before my last to little flare ups that a day or two before I drop like a wet bag of concrete I seem to have a "high mood" :micbounce:. I'm almost energetic (if that is possible) and in an extra specially good mood but a day or two before I am exhausted and "moody" :grrr:. Does anyone else notice this, is it something I should mention to the doctor?

Thanks

Claire xx

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Clare i don't know about before.But when im in one that i am a crabbit bleep bleep and that just happens to be now.If i was on speaking terms with hubby i would ask him :rotfl:but im not so i won't Elisabeth

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Gosh Claire, almost couldn't blieve you were saying that. I thought it was just me!! every single flare I get it. I feel great and am happy almost as though I am "normal" then I suddenly become overwhelmed with a weird reluctance to do anyhting and then the flare becomes apparent

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
((((Elisabeth)))) I also get crabby, hubby says "your flaring then"!!! He's very in tune and puts up with a heck of a lot bless him.

Pollyanna, well I am glad it's just not me I hadn't really paid much attention until this time so looked through my diary!

Thanks

·
Registered
642 Posts
I get the crabbiness too. Plus I get a weird kind of dread in the pit of my stomach, like a precurser to anxiety. Then comes the usual joint and muscle pain.
I felt just like this recently. It was the symptom that made me realize that perhaps I cant manage off the steroids just yet:(. (Had dropped to 2.5mgs)
This time coincided with my three-monthly bloods which confirmed my red and white cell count was low again. So flaring then.

flipping disease:mad::mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had never thought about that before but now you mention it thats exactly what I experience!

I noticed it more when I was quite ill with the lupus, before it was diagnosed. I soon realised that if i had a 'good day' the next day would be horriffic - I couldn't even hold a spoon to eat with. So I got used to doing everything I could physically do on my good day because I knew that the next day it would be impossible.

Now its not so extreme but manifests in my mood and ability to do my work.

Hope this helps, it certainly cleared things up for me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts