The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

As some of you may know I get dizzy spells and as yet have hit a brick wall as to why. Doctor gave me an extra antidizzy tablet to help with the symptoms. Today I felt dizzy again for a time and I felt like I should have had the mother of all headaches.

My question is it possible to have Migraines without the "headache" and can they last for over 4 weeks??? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Claire xx

·
Registered
43 Posts
My husband has been suffering from migranes for several years now since he had a brain aneurysm, He has been on more meds to try to control then I can;t even count. They usually make him so sick he sleeps with a bucket by the bedside.He is on such toxic mixtures of meds I sometimes wonder if they are any good at all. Currently he was given a vaso dialator which seemed to help for about a week, but yesterday he had one. He never complained to me about dizziness, but I no he cant function at all when he has them, Yes its possible to have them for 4 weeks. My husband has had them for about 4yrs with little relief. Im keeping my fingers crossed they calm down and I can have some sort of life again. He sits in total darkness with a baseball hat and sunglasses. The drapes have to be drawn and absolute quiet.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(((((xinxiang37)))))

am so sorry your husband is having such a rought time of it... I too hope that they find something to help him out soon so you can enjoy your time together again

Claire xx

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Granny,

YES, it is possible to have a migraine without pain. I can give you a perfect example. I get visual hallucinations that they call ocular migraines but never have pain with them. I also get the dizziness you speak of where you think it should be accompanied with a killer migraine yet it isn't.

I asked the Opthamoloigst how is it possible to have a migraine without pain and he told me it is very common but most of us think of a migraine as horrific pain and that is not always the case.

Hope this helps a little.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi,

I am one that had migraines everyday for over 3 years. Mine were the very painful variety.

Now, since taking Pred daily and having Imtrex injections, as well as sublingual
zomig tablets, I am much better off. :)

Best Wishes,
Sandy

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks Sandy and Karol maybe I will speak to the doctor about it next time I see her

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
I have been having migraines since I was 14 years old and I am talking about the ones you have to go to the er for to get rid of. I have not had one last for 4 weeks hon. Usually a migraine involves more than just a headache but that is pretty common to have with them. I would guess that they are different for everyone. Have you looked at the side effects on your meds to make sure it is not one of those things you need to watch out for.

I would be ringing up the doctor and letting them know what is going on and if there is anything they can do for it. It does not sound like a normal migraine but it could be for you. I hope this has helped you a little, and let us know how you are doing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm new to the borad. My nam eis Margie.

I get migraines that can last 3 days when the medication isn't working at all.

I got a medication that helps me better now, but I get the dizziness you describe often prior to the migraine headache.

It is so debilitating.

I get migraines 3 to 4 times a week with heavy dizziness. Each time I feel it coming I have to take the medication to avoid it get worse.

That's one of the reasons I can't drive a car. Those dizzy spells are horrible.

I hope you will feel beter soon.

Hugs,

Margie

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Granny, I've had migraines since the age of 9. The doctors have done everything to me, some were probably questionable. The only thing I found that works is a
product called "Feverfew". That is what it is made of, it's a natural herb, and you just put it under your tounge. You can find it on the internet. I just found it last year
and I am now 60 yrs old....aint pay-back a bi** No, I never get dizzy with them, and my longest one was 42 days, Now, with the new med, its 2 days at the most. Please check it out, I hate knowing people are in pain. Let us know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.