TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
cinderashes
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I know maybe this isnt the best place to vent but cant think where else to post - I'm having a bad evening and just want to find a small dark corner to sit in and cry. :sad:

My joints are aching - not least cos our sofa has finally collapsed entirely and impossible to comfortably. It's not long til we get a new sofa delivered but it cannot come quick enough! Its all adding to my general frustration and irritability and gone past being angry, just upset now!

Thanks for listening
Ash x

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Just wanted to say hello and send some hugs!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
((((((((((Ash)))))))))))

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling upset and achy too :sad: sending you lot's of hug's :there:

let us know how you are
love karen x
p.s how is baby evie?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
aww, i am really sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time - and I hope that new couch arrives ASAP !

If you find yourself getting really miserable, and STAYING really miserable (past the ordinary blues we all get with lupus) don't forget about post natal depression. It can be a very nasty thing.

How is the little one doing ? Must be hard seeing you are not feeling well

feel better soon

raglet

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Ash, I hope the new Sofa comes soon. I am sorry you feel bad. Is there any way you could have an easy couple of days? (TV dinners, no hoovering)
I don't know if you are breastfeeding but if you are please remember to eat enough and keep your fluids up.
This will pass soon I expect.
Hugs,
Lola x

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hugs to you.

I hope that sofa gets there soon and I hope tomorrow brings you less pain and a smile on your face.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Sending hugs your way. Hope the evening gets better and that tomorrow the sun rises on bright, better day.

Sunny

·
Registered
594 Posts
Oh Ash,
I'm so sorry you are feeling this way.
I know its really hard when you are feeling down cause you feel even less like it but is there anything you can do for you to help you feel better.
Some takeaway food or a nice bubbly bath.
I know its hard with a little one. I've taken my son in his chair with upto the bathroom, to have nice soak.
Just tell yourself you are allowed to nuture yourself, you need to if your feeling that bad.
Do you know i need to start taking my own advice!! :lol:
I hope you manage to pull yourself up a bit.

Cassie

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Ash,

I know the feeling. All I can do is send loads of virtual hugs winging their way to you.

I hope you feel brighter really soon and that that sofa comes quickly. I keep dreaming of a new sofa too but I'll have to be patient on that one.

:grouphug2:
Katharine

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Ash

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Im sorry you are feeling so weepy. What a crock about the sofa. May the new one arrive post haste......

Hang in there dear girl but like Raglet says if you find yourself staying miserable for too long please talk to your doc. Post natal depression is very common and very treatable. I hope you are just having a bad day though. :hugbetter:

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hi Ash,:there:
Just wanted to give you ((((((hugs)))))). We are all here for you!!

Lots of hugs,

Becca

·
Banned
808 Posts
(((((Ash)))))

I too hope that things improve for you soon, and that the new sofa comes double quick.

Sometimes I think we all new a small dark corner, and to allow ourselves to feel fed up, upset, angry whatever, I think it's healthier to let it out than to bottle things up, it's easy to give all our energies into caring for littley, take care of you too. Like others said do be watchfull for the signs that a low mood is lingering, or that you are not coping as you would like, post natal depression, is trully horrible, and I am certain that my lupus 'fed' the PND, I made a huge mistake in not getting/accepting help and I trully regret that because it affected my being a mum. I don't mean to suggest that you may have PND, but just to say be watchfull of your feelings.

Much love, and hoping for better, brighter days ahead, do let us know how you are doing. xxx

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Dear Ash

Not having a comfy place to sit is very depressing but maybe it's just the last straw. It is very common to feel down after the excitement and anxiety of pregnancy and childbirth when the grim reality of sleepless nights and the sheer hard work involved even with a small child takes over.
It is also possible that your lupus is starting to flare.
I urge you not to put off getting a lupus check up and talking to somebody about your feelings. Better sooner than later.

Many hugs
Clare

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
How are you today Ash? I'm hoping your pain has eased a little. You have a lot on your plate with a new baby, maybe you need some time for you to reacharge your batteries.

Please see your doctor if things don't improve. Look after yourself and I'll be thinking of you.

Sending you gentle hugs. :hugbetter:

Pam xxx

·
cinderashes
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi everyone, thanks so much for all your messages of support, I really feel like I got some good friends here.

I feel a little brighter today, I decided to forget everything and have bought the baby to grandmas, where I am having the day off resting and my mum and dad are in their element playing with my little girl! I am going to see the dr I hope this week as these aches and pains are getting worse and my diabetes is really not well controlled, i need some help with adjusting my insulin dose now I am stopping breastfeeding.

I am also going to see a PND counseller with my husband, dont think I have PND but I had such a terrible time during the birth (in labour for 3days 18 hours!) and ended having to have a casearean, and then the post natal ward was so awful in terms of their lack of deaf awareness it has meant me feeling less than confident that I can look after this little angel of mine.

Hugs everyone, you all keep me going. Thank you so much!!!

(((((everyone)))))

Ash x

·
Registered
10 Posts
HELLO ASH

SORRY THAT YOUR NOT FEEL TOO WELL, BUT LIKE ROBBIE WILLIAM SUNG 'THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER'.

TRY AND KEEP YOUR CHIN UP :lol:

SPICY

·
Banned
808 Posts
Ash, I am so pleased that today is a brighter one for you, a day at mum and dads sounds like it was a really good idea!

I hope that you get to see doc this week, to keep a check on things and hopefully they will have suggestions to improve things for you, especially with getting the diabetes back under control, and I would think there are more options for pain reflief with stopping breastfeeding.

The feeding in itself is quite demanding on the body, and stopping feeding can bring about more changes, it might be a good thing to consider checking in with the doc regularly to try to get things on an even keel.

It might be a really good thing to talk through the birth and time afterwards, sometimes it can help to be able to put that away if you like, and regain your confidence, I saw a cpn (community psych nurse) for a time and the best thing was to be able to get stuff off my chest, it helped to work thorough things a bit.

Love and hugs to you and your family. xxx

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Ash,

I'm so pleased you are feeling a bit better - it sounds like you are going in the right direction to look after you. :foryou:

Taking the wee one to your parents was a good plan and it sounds like they had a ball looking after her.

Take good care and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
642 Posts
Dear Ash
I'm glad you are feeling a bit better.
Sounds like you may be having a post-natal flare (DO you feel weepy and hopeless when flaring..........I know I do)

I think you have a good plan to help.........enlisting grandparents. ..seeing doc
and recognising how you feel.
Speak to you health visitor about your traumatic delivery and post natal care as i have known many women to suffer in silence about these things which is not good. I am an ex midwife and NICU nurse.

If you want to talk more about it .......pm me.
Take care

1 - 19 of 19 Posts