The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
you do find the weirdest things Clare :lol: but it sounds very interesting.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Quite an amazing story!

Definately weird an amazing stories that you ferret out too Clare!

·
11,410 Posts
It is an amazing but weird in a way story.
Weird how it was implanted in his cheek and grew blood vessels and new tissues.:eek:

Keep them coming Clare.:hehe:
Lyn

·
Registered
893 Posts
Claire

That has the potential to me more interesting than anyone could ever know.

I have one son who was congenitally born blind in one eye.

I have heard of teeth and eye research before.

To be honest my son gets on with it as far as having sight in one eye only.
His genes are mine and he has a natrual ability for visual acuity and is sporty and thrives.

Sans Lupus :rolleyes:

I remember when he was born seeing a Mr not a Dr who was high up in the field of all things to do with sight. I remember waiting in the hospital for him to speak to me when my son was only a couple of weeks old and having already been told he was totally blind . ( not true)

Later I was told that my son was only blind in one eye.

On future visits I remember seeing a new mother like myself in that waiting area with a newborn who was visably unsighted in both eyes and I remember thinking how profoundly that effected me.

When I read stories about this kind of progress , understandably I feel so good about that news and how it will benefit those who have no sight or little.

Thats a good news post if ever there was one

Thankyou

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clare.T;550913 said:
I thought this was the most amazing story. I am pretty sure that the canines are also referred to as the "eye teeth"
Yeah I heard about this on the news, we live in an amazing world where teeth are capable of restoring eyesight, speaking of restoring eyesight I saw a video on youtube from an australian university that has managed to fix a damaged eye (due to desease or hurt it physically) cornea with stem cells. They even claim that the procedure is fairly easy and not very expensive.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
It is indeed an amazing world we live in!! My daughter has been lucky enough to secure a job nursing at a major university hospital here in Australia (the one you speak of with the stem cell transplants to restore eyesight ryanmtc). She feels very privileged and is learning a lot and has just about completed a rotation which involved administering chemo, plasmapherisis and stem cells, she found it fascinating.

love
Lily

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.