TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya! hope you're all well :)
so i had a doctors appointment this morning. luckily my doc knew i was waiting for results so phoned glasgow for me, my ANA is negative, but theyve lost my RF! :mad: typical of glasgow! so i got some blood tests taken again. She also took some blood for a lupus test, something to do with titres? im not sure. i showed her my photos of the rash on my face, and she said it is consistent with lupus, and even with my negative ANA it could be.
i also finally got some pain killers!! it seems we're finally making progress!

she did mention that mild cases of lupus wouldnt necessarily have a positive ANA. does this all sound right to you?
im glad things are moving forward, and the rheumy app is on thursday 2nd of April, so fingers crossed all will go well!

sorry for the loooong post!
xx

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Ashli, So glad you don't have long to wait for the Rheumy.
Yes, you can indeed have Lupu without positive bloods especially in the early days.
x Lola

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Ashli:

This good news, did they give you any plaquenil? This is usually the first line of defense for many Autoimmune diseases, and for some it's all that is needed to control.

I hope all goes well with your upcomming visis.

Stay well - Stephanie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no planquenil. i got some co-drydamol (?) just for the pain.
the doc didnt think it was lupus, due to the neg ana. then i showed her rash photos and she said it could be. is there a test with titres that will help to diagnose?
im not sure of what she said, im sure it was titres tho.
thanks for the replys :)x

·
4,430 Posts
Hi ashli, yes there are various tests for auto immune probs.. including the measurement of titres...even when my bloods were showing me as RNP positive and ANA 1:640 the rheumy was reluctant to start me on plaq until he had enough evidence to satisfy himself that it was MCTD... a flare sorted that out!! I still didn't start the plaq until I mentioned it, though to be fair he had discussed that possibility whilst I was in hospital with flare. It sounds like you are on the right track now though to getting some answers which is fab!
Claire X

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
ashli,
It is good that you had a positive appointment. It always helps to have one of them. I have never had a positive ana test (that I was told about anyway), my sle was found by doing a biospy of the leisions that I had with the guest rash for good measures. My dermy just said he has never seen a biospy come back so positive for sle w/sun sens. Well he said sun agravation which I do believe is the same as sensitivatied. I did want you to know that not having a positive ana test does not rule out lupus by a long shot. I know that is not good news but at least you will know that you are not crazy it still can be lupus. Let us know how it is going. I hope you are doing well and feeling well also.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Ashli,

I am glad your appointment was productive and wish you luck with the Rheumy on April 2nd. Keep us posted as to how that appointment goes.

Fingers crossed for you that it will yeild some answers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts