The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all the Dr's warned me but I guess I just hoped that I would be one of the lucky ones . . . . . . .

The pregnancy has ended, I'm off to the Dr's today :(

I'm ok, just sore and very sad . . . . . . I think deep down somewhere I knew this one wasn't meant to be.

Back to the drawing board :worried:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Me too, I'm very sorry for your loss :hugbetter:

love
Lily

·
Registered
41 Posts
So very sorry to read of your loss. Sending love and healing hugs, Jen x:grhug:

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Im very sorry to hear about your sad news. Best wishes for your doctors appointment today :hugbetter:

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
:hug: Sally

I'm so sorry for you loss. Even when you know it might happen, it doesn't make it any easier. Take care of yourself and hubby.

Huge hugs :grhug:

Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
So sad to hear of your loss, lots of hugs!

Good luck with the Dr today and make sure youre kind to yourself!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone, it means a lot coming from people who understand. Hardly anyone knew and those who did haven't been too helpful. My Mum seemed to think that because I knew upfront there was a higher chance of miscarriage I should just be able to shrug it off???

I was feeling super human. I had lots of energy and couldn't keep my hands off my hubby LOL I wish I could feel like that all the time :)

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I am thinking of you and hope that you continue to do ok.

That super human feeling, I love it when I get it too.:lol::lol:

Your right, it would be nice if it were all the time.:wink2::wink2:

Guess I take the good with the bad but wish the good days were a lot more.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
631 Posts
So sorry I haven't replied sooner, I have only just noticed this post.

I am so sorry for your loss. Losing baby is so utterly heartbreaking. It doesn't matter whether you knew it might happen, the baby was inside you and you can't control the bond that you hold with your child.
I had a miscarriage in 2002, just before I fell pregnant with my youngest child. It was very early on but still, for a while, I kinda of fell to pieces, I felt so empty and also very guilty as if I could have done something to stop it.
Some advice I was given at the time really helped me. I have never told anyone else about this until now, I guess it was kind of personal to me and the child I would never get to know, but was still mine.
The advice was to name my baby, to give it an identity which in turn helped me not only to grieve but also to remember my son. ( I am sure it was a boy, just as I was sure my daughters were girls before scans proved it)
I called my baby AJ, and when people ask me how many children I have I always reply 2 girls but smile sadly to myself and remember him, because deep down I have 3 children, the world just didn't get to know one of them.

I hope and pray that things will get easier for you. It is so hard when people don't understand, but you have a right to grieve and you must do so or else how can you move on from this.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs
Elle x

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Sally,

I am very sorry for your loss. Please take extra good care of yourself during this sad time.

We will be here for you...sending gentle hugs, and lots of love your way.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Sally

I am really sorry to hear that. I too had a miscarriage at the beginning of May and I think everyone thought I should expect it and shrug it off too due to the higher risks but that didn't make it any easier. In fact my gp has been more supportive than my family and friends, which was a help. We are going to try again but I am scared of it happening again as I felt so good :sad:

I hope you have lots of luck and maybe we will both be posting positive messages on here soon :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.