The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone had any problems with this? The plaquenil has helped me with the fatigue, stiffness and joint pain, but I still have the achiness flu-like symptoms all over and can't take it sometimes, Ibuprofen doesn't cut it, Ultram just kinda masks the pain and I hate to go back to taking Lortab. My achiness is in my arms from my shoulders down into my hands and fingers, my back, hips, thighs and legs and knees, if I could get over this hump I'd almost be feeling good, ha.:lol:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi there :)

I'm wondering if your doctor has thought about trying you on a different anti-inflammatory other than Ibuprofen?

I found it didnt suit me in fact it made some of my symptoms worse, it can also affect some peoples breathing and doesnt seem to last as long as the prescribed long acting NSAIDS (non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).

It's just a thought Set, I know you have had problems with generalised pain and also breathing. Maybe another type would suit you better and give you longer relief with your pain, it would probably be much kinder to your stomach in the long run too. Many of the prescribed ones are coated to protect the stomach.

sending hugs :hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry but what other anti-inflamm are you talking about? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hi Set, this is something that you and your dr are going to work out, and it might take a while. I could not take NSAIDS, as they make my stomach sick. My Rheumy and I tried one thing after another, we went from one pain pill to another, then at last he found one that would work on me, the only bad part is that it happens to be the most expensive drug I've ever seen, but it works. The only think that I still have is some fatigue, and that has gone from an all-day thing to now just the mornings. So, talk to your dr. and start the trials, it's the only way. I hope that you find something that works for you.:wink2:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Set,

There are lots of them, this list doesnt include Mobic which a lot of people here have found effective. I am on a sustained release enteric coated Naprosyn, for some reason I cant take the generic brand (react to fillers and colourings) but the other is ok. I take 1,000mg daily in one pill.

Traditional NSAIDs
diclofenac (Voltaren, Cataflam)
diflunisal (Dolobid)
etodolac (Lodine)
flurbiprofen (Ansaid)
ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil)
indomethacin (Indocin)
ketoprofen (Orudis, Oruvail)
ketorolac (Toradol)
nabumetone (Relafen)
naproxen (Naprosyn, Alleve)
oxaprozin (Daypro)
piroxicam (Feldene)
sulindac (Clinoril)
tolmetin (Tolectin)

http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/webarticlesnet/templates/new_aboutaffects.aspx?a=85&z=17&page=4

love
Lily

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.