The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know more about acoustic neuromas. Are they at all related to lupus. Some readings I have read state that they are. I am having an MRI on Friday to see if I may have one of these. All the symptoms are there so I won't be surprised. Just wondering if it is lupus related since not too many people seem to get these tumors according to any reading I have done on the internet anyway. Thanks

Dalyce

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Dalyce :)

I hope you don't have an acoustic neuroma and that your test turns out ok for that :luck:

Out of all the people on the site I can only find one reference to it and that is with Soundy. You can look up her posts to see her experiences with it. As far as I can tell it had nothing to do with her Lupus and was a seperate issue.

Let us know how you get along.

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Dalyce

I have no idea of what it is the acoustic neuromoua is but sure hope you get to the bottom of it all(hugs).Please let us know what you found out today and what they can so for you.I am really hoping it is nothing to serious(hugs).

Tammy

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Dalyce,

Let us know the results from the MRI when you get them. I am not familiar with them either. I had another dx added to my list a few months ago but it is not related to lupus directly. I will be praying that your mri comes back all clear.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Dalyce,
My sister had an acoustic neuroma, it's a benign tumor on the auditory nerve in the brain. unfortunately hers had gotten very large before it was properly dx'ed and caused some damage to her facial nerve when it was removed. That was so long ago and I know they have much better ways of removing them now.

I hope all goes well with your mri and that you don't have one. Let us know what you find out.

Take care,
Mary

·
Registered
359 Posts
hi

I read up on them while I was reasearching gliomas. The only link I could find was far fetched and delt with TNF (tumor nucrossing factor) It is a cytokine that has something to do with brain immunity. It has been cited as a culprit in photo sensitivity I can't remember if lupus was specifically mentioned in that article but I beleive it was. TNF also has something to do with brain tumors, but my confused mind can't understand the medical lingo right now and I couldn't find a single thing by a doctor speciffically relating lupus to neuromas or gliomas. I just linked both to problems with TNF in my own research ...... soooo your guess is as good as mine. They keep telling me my "abnormality" is most likely unrelated to anything,( even if it is a glioma), but they won't know for sure it is a glioma without a biopsy which is not reccommended at this time as the thing isn't growing. As for now I am just calling it Fred.

There is a woman with lupus and some related conditons and A.N. with a blog on AOL. If you google lupus glioma aol you will find her blog. She was diagnosed with a acustic neuroma a while ago
Let us know how the MRI comes out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts