TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi its my first time on here and i need some advice. I have been having a flare up since October. Seems to be getting worse not better. As well as aches and pain now feeling dizzy, high blood pressure and for past 10 days having sporadic palpatiatons. Any advice please, feeling really low

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I think you really need to contact your doctor, either rheumy or GP and mention these troubling symptoms. High blood pressure can be a sign of kidney disease for instance, & it seems pretty clear that you aren't getting adequate disease control and symptom control if this flare has been ongoing for 6 months now.

You really need to make an appointment and discuss this with your doctor and get a thorough check-up, and possibly something else can be prescribed that can help with your symptoms.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Hi Lilypops

I'm sorry that you are having a tough time right now. I have to agree with Maia and say that you really need to get to your GP or your rheumatologist in order to get checked out further.

Are you on medications to control your lupus? Do you have regular blood tests? Your doctor should be able to adjust your medications in order to help you.

Please keep us updated -

Hope this helps

Nellie

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
lilypops,
Hi and welcome to the site. You should be getting in touch with your doctor and letting him know what is going on. Sometimes it takes a couple calls so stay on it and don't let them (the doctor) pass this off as you will have this and will have to learn to live with it. There is something to be done for everything we just have to want it bad enough. I am sorry you are not feeling well but in time maybe you will find something that works and start feeling better soon. Please do keep us updated to what is happening and most are very willing to help you if you need it.

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Hi Lilypops,

Welcome to the site. Sorry it has to be under these circumstances.

Everyone has given you good advice. You should not let symptoms like these go unchecked.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Lilypops,
:welcome: to the site. I am sorry your suffering now, and having some symptoms that really need attention, as soon as possible.

Please call your dr, and don't put it off. I know, when feeling so bad, it is
often all we can do, to climb into bed.

If your too ill to address this, do you have a loved one, that can take up your cause, and run interference for you? It would be good, if you can talk directly to your dr, or dr's nurse..

Please, let us know how you get along?

Best Wishes,
Sandy

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I agree with the previous advice to get in touch with your rheumatologist and see what they can be doing. If you are not routinely seeing your rheumy now is a good time to be starting. Don't think you have to suffer in silence. Even tho you feel crummy, you need medical help in dealing with the flare.

The only addition I can suggest is that you document your symptoms on a daily log, diary, journal. Then, take it with you in to your rheumy and have him/her go thru it with you. With lupus you can have symptoms coming and going on a daily basis. It is a hassle to have to think of putting those things down, but it is needed at this point.

Let us know how you do.
Sally

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you

Thanks everyone for getting back to me. Felt rubbish yesterday. Ive still not heard from my nurse practitioner at the hospital despite 3 follow up phone calls yesterday:mad:. However I saw my own GP this morning who is great and ive now been referred to a cardiologist, and had more bloods done this morning. Im currently taking 400mg of plaquenil and Alendronic Acid for Osteopenia. Hes also prescribed a beta blocker to regulate my heart until my appt comes through. I now feel like im getting somewhere. It makes such a difference to chat to people who understand x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts