TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have had a couple of chinese acupuncture sessions over the last two weeks. The first was more of a fact finding session but yesterday he focused on some of the areas of my body where I get the most pain. I just wanted to share with you that it seems to have helped my muscle pain although it is only 24 hours later...and I've come to learn that things can change ever so quickly with lupus...!

Has anyone else found acupuncture useful?

I'll keep you posted on how I get on, I have another session next week.

Best wishes,
Meriel

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Meriel

I have found acupuncture helpful but the effect seems to wear off quite quickly. It will be interesting to see if anyone else has tried it.

Hugs

Jen :)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I was referred for Acupuncture on the NHS, but the therapist wasn't really interested, said my problems were too widespread and discharged me at the first opportunity.
x Lola

I would be really thrilled for you if it helps. I hope it is not too expensive.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi,

I had acupuncture last year on the NHS and it made a huge difference to me. I would go in all hunched over and walk out upright which I would never have believed.

Depending on where my pain was it could occasionally be painful but I would feel the benefits a couple of days later.

Unfortunatley it hasn't worked for me with my current pain but I would recommend it providing it was a fully trained therapist that had an understanding of lupus.

In the UK you can be referred by a rheumatologist to an NHS physio that practises acupuncture.

HTH,

Pam x

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have not yet tried it but would have done it had it been covered back when I was in terrible pain for over 2 years. I know a gal with Crohn's who says accupuncture has helped her greatly, and also know someone who was in a bad car accident and had slipped and ruptured discs in her back who it helped immensely and nearly immediately as well.

I have faith there really is something to this therapy but have not tried it myself. There does seem to be some good research studies out there demonstrating it's effectiveness for numerous health issues too. Worth a try if it's covered and you can see someone really well trained and highly recommended.

·
Registered
279 Posts
hi
Iwould recommend trying this I had 12 sessions of accupunture when I as at my worst. When all meds they tried for me werent working for me, scary but just felt I needed something to try and ease the pain. I went to a chinese one he was so good even when at times my deramyositis I couldnt bear to b touched. My sister inlaw has fibromyalga and goes every week it helps her especially as she is against steroid meds. Keeps her going.

Dixy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello

Well, I've had another session and it's definitely making a bit of a difference to my pain. I have another session on Saturday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will keep helping.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your advice.
Best wishes,
Meriel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts