The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cardio thinks that I may have adrenal insuff. and is planning to test for it. I have reactions to so many drugs that new tests always make me apprehensive. Are there risks involved? I know that they take a baseline bloodtest which needs be done before I get out of bed in the am. The PA said that they give me ACTH??? then test a couple of more times. Is that all there is too it? He suspects that my potassium problem (I don't absorb and hold potassium properly) may be a part of it as well as some "spells" I've been having (I get very weak, vision darkens, my bp drops like a rock and I get nauseous). I guess I have a multitude of other symptoms as well that go all the way back around 35 years or so. Anyone else have similar problems?
thanks
mary frances

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi

Im interested......is the adrenal insuff because of steroids or is it something to do with lupus?

Nicky

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Nicky---it may be both. I was doagnosed with lupus about 10 years ago, but have had several of the symptoms for the adrenal insuff. going back years before that. The lupus probably was there long before too, but not severe enough to diagnose. I've been on steroids off and mostly on for around 10 years so that is probably a big part, too. There just isn't any way to tell for sure.
mary frances

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thanks Mary for replying .

All the information gathered on here is always useful.

Good luck with your health.

Nicky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts