The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there...hope you are all well....just a quick note ...i had my liver biopsy two weeks ago and we have rang to chase results for AIH or what ever..:hehe:....and have been told that the results are going for a "historical Trace"....excuse my ignorance but what the devil does that mean?...does anyone have any idea?.....i still havent heard from the consultant and dont have another apt till end of aug...my GP also hasnt had any results back either...the medical secretary said they do this when it is an unusaul case...is that before they know the results..or after and want to discuss it with everyone?......i am very confused..lol:lol:........any ideas?......thanks jane

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Sorry, I haven't got a clue on this one! I hope you find some answers soon.
Please post and let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey Jane,
Are you sure it was 'historical' and not 'histological'

Histology is the microscopic study of cells to look for disease.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi

What where your alt's and ast's? Are you on or were you on methotraxate?
I was on metho and alt and ast's went up to almost 200 each. Normal high is 40. People with lupus can run a high of 10 pts more anyway.

When mine went up so high I had to have a liver bio. Did not hurt and everthing was fine. Was put on Urso to protect liver. Had to go on chemo drug Cytoxin (oral...blood has always been bad). Cytoxin is one of the strongest drugs for lupus but can have serious side effects. Get to have a bone marrow test to see if Cytoxin did any damage. Can't wait.

Elaine

E

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi...i havent been on any meds...and the LFTS have been about 300 to 500...so not too high...but high enough for the gastro chap to do a biopsy...will let you know when i have results...jane;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi

I had a liver biopsy done.

AST/SGOT-----normal 5-40 U/L---------mine 117
ALT-----------normal 24-57 U/L--------mine 197
AlKaline Phos--normal 40-130 U/L-------mine 199
LDH-----------normal 100-190 U/L------mine 290

They say these readings are high, and they went up like this when I started back on Gluten. I am having a Celiac biopsy of the small bowel September 4th.

I was diagnosed with NASH (non-alcohol fatty liver disease with inflamation) with lower readings.

My liver enzymes have been high for years - no one concern until recently - then when I land in hospital - it's not a concern - honestly don't know what gives.

GASTRO - now thinking that Celiac possible causing liver enzymes to go crazy or even lupus.

It took nearly a month to get diagnoses of NASH back after the biopsy.

Hugs

Gerri

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Jane,

I do hope that the test results turn out to be okay!

On the note of historical, but not connected to Liver Biopsy - I once had bloods taken for those viuses "slapped cheek, measles, german measles etc" whilst pregnant as I started bleeding at 24 months. They managed to grow whatever it was necessary to track back and find out when I had come into contact with those viruses (recent or many years back)! They found out that I had been in contact/or had certain viruses but as a child and not during my pregnancy. It is amazing what can be tested, but these extra test were very unusual and not normally carried out as extra expensive!

Is this perhaps what they are doing with your samples tracking back (not sure how they would do this with Liver!).

Let us know what happens anyway!

Hugs Lesley

·
Registered
432 Posts
heya, im pretty sure they would have meant histological just to study the cells. should take about 6 weeks max. as for the earlier point about measles, vzv ect they basically just look at antibodies in the blood sera. basically the immune systems "memory cells" x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts