TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I posted the other day on the introdctions thread and had a few helpful replies. I've not yet been diagnosed with Lupus but my consultant thinks that I have it and has put me on prednisolone for a couple of weeks whilst he waits for results from blood tests (ANA came back negative). I also had two biopsies done but can't remember what he said about those. I can't believe I didn't ask the right questions and now have to wait 10 days to see him.

I just wondered if someone can help. By Wednesday of this week I was starting to feel better. My rash which I had over my chest and arms has mostly gone and I was only left with an aching knee and ankle in my left leg. However, yesterday I woke up and could hardly put any weight on my ankle. Today I've woken up and felt as if my whole body had been crushed in the night. I had to get up at 5.45am to have a bath to try and ease it. I've also been in tears because I feel so awful. I've just had some ibuprofen and its easing a little but I'm still feeling as if I'm bruised all over. Does this sound normal for the pain to come and go?

Also wondered if its because I had a glass of white wine last night. Can alcohol bring any symptoms on? I've decided to give it a miss from now on because I feel so awful.

Would be grateful for any advice as I'm going out of my mind today. Gonna be a long day!
Suzie:sad:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi,

I often feel bruised all over, as if I have been pretty severely beaten or run over. That feeling is pretty long lasting. Other pains will come an go. For example one afternoon/evening I might have very painful joints but the next day they're relatively OK. I also suffer from a lot of tendon pain. That tends to hang around quite a bit but also comes and goes. Nerve pain is much shorter, sharper and shoots through me like jolts of electricity.

Of course, I don't know if that is typical - many here would definitely say that I am in no way normal :rotfl::rotfl:

I have never been able to drink wine. It has always had a bad effect on me. I think there might be a scientific reason to that but I avoid it much to my husband's chagrin as he always has to have a glass alone, poor man.

sending lots of soothing hugs winging their way to you and you'll see that those ten days will pass pretty quickly. Just make sure to note everything you want to ask this time :)

:grouphug2:
Katharine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Katharine.

I'm still feeling pretty bad but I'm just going to rest for today and hope it gets better. I am going to make a list of questions for the consultant. For some reason when I have my appointments I get really nervous and my mind goes blank. It's not till I'm out and discussing it with my husband that I think - "oh I should have asked that!".

Thanks again
Suzie :sad:

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Suzie,

Many a day I would wake up and tell my husband I must have been run over by a truck during the night. As the day went on the pain would lighten. In the evening it would start creeping back. The doctor told me that was a typical pattern for arthritis.

Alcohol no longer agrees with me. I get so dizzy and nauseous it isn't worth it. Now I have fruit smoothies instead.

There is always something I forgot to ask even when I make a list. If I don't write something down when I think of it I don't always remember it when I make the list. Now before I go in I ask my husband if he has any questions also. I put the most important ones at the top of the list because there isn't always time to get to all of them if the doctor goes into detail with something.

Good luck with your appointment.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi there,

Well I have had the same thing happen to me while on pred.... and my doctor said it could be an alergy to prednisone..... I know it could also be the lupus.... but mention it to the doctor when you are there.... I wake up stiff as can be with the lupus... but what was happening to me is, it felt like I was bruised all over and no one could touch me... I dont know if this is the same thing you are going through... So my doctor has avoided giving me pred for a while... If I have to take it again.. I will try it...
Good luck and gentle:grouphug2: I hope you feel better real soon.

Love Penny

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi, yes, the paincan and does come and go most all of the time with lupus.
I don't think any of us that are on the meds are supposed to drink.
You could ask the dr. that you are going to, about something stronger for
the pain. Keep us informed, we are all here to help and support you.
Be well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from NZ

Just thought I'd send a quick message to confirm that I have been completing some medical research on your behalf, and I am now an expert.
:)
Sadly drinking wine sometimes make me very dizzy too.
:eek:
You take care of yourself and call anytime if you need a chat.
:rotfl:
I will be wearing deep lavender today so you can think of me and have a little laugh.
:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts