TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking for advice been ill for 15 years am due to see a rhumatologist in 4 weeks, many symptoms and history of raynards, dvt in the family and i had an ovarian cyst 2 years ago and had a full hysterectomy. I was diagnosed as having pcos. Seen many doc and consultants and have been told i have social issues. Until i got dvt in my leg last year and was thought to have rhumatoid arthritis due to swelling of my joints and two fingers which have started to bend to the left and inflamation of my veins.:sad: Could this be what i have searched to have diagnosed all this time? Has anyone any advice on anything i should take with me? or any questions i need to ask?
This has devasted my life so far, if i get diagnosed does it get better????

Nattykins

pcos/ ovarian cyst- hysterectomy
insulin resistance - metformin
DVT right leg

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Nattykins,

Welcome to the lupus site. You have come to the right place to learn about lupus. Here is a web page on this site you might like to read. It tells of the symptoms, there is a wealth of information there.

http://www.uklupus.co.uk/symplist.html

If you get rashes you should take pictures of them. That way when you see the doc. he will know what you are talking about. (they always seem to disappear about that time;))
Keep a list of your symptoms when they occurred, how long did they last.
Do not wear makeup or finger nail polish. They need to see your skin.

Good luck with your appointment. If you have any more questions that we can help you with just post.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nattykins,

Good luck with your upcoming appointment. I wouldn't expect too much from the first visit. The doctor will probably order blood tests, urinalysis and possibly an x-ray for your hands. Depending on the results further bloodwork may need to be done to determine if you have an autoimmune disease.

Lyn already gave you good advice. Bringing a list of your symptoms is always a great idea, that way you will not forget anything. Be sure to list everything, no matter how trivial. You never know which symptom will bring you closer to a diagnosis. A photo of any rashes will help too. It is helpful to have a list of any medications, over the counter drugs, vitamins, herbs and their dosages on hand. When put on the spot my mind goes blank so I give the doctor a copy to keep with my chart.

I suggest not saying you did research on the internet. Many physicians get their backs up when they think the patient is trying to self diagnose themselves.

My mind is drawing a blank now. Maybe someone else will come along with further suggestions.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
29 Posts
You really need to write down all your symptoms as you go. If it is lupus, no doubt you will forget smething vital when you get ther ( i know i always do). The finger bending is oone of the symptoms i had and i remember the doc saying that it was 'text book' lupus.

Good luck, and dont worry if it is. you just need to find the right treatment for you.

Nadia

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, i have already taken a picture of the rash on my nose and face which flares up when i am ill. I also have alot of letter from the hospital which i have kept and some x rays i had done in 2004 of my heart kidneys, liver and ovaries. Also my medical notes from when i was pregnant with my daughter which lists severe swelling of my hands and feet. I am still scared of being labelled a crazy woman when i tell them some of the things i have experienced. I have made lists of all the symptoms i can think of and add to it if i remember anything else. I just hope i can move forward and get a diagnosis because i'm so scared its been a living nightmare.

Natasha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts