The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Just wanted to let everyone know that i had a hysterectomy on 1st july and had a bad time after catching an infection deep set inside and outer wound infection but that my lupus during surgery and after were okay. i was extremely worried approaching surgery and after but to no avail thankgod.
i am having a bit of a flare at the moment and joints aren't good and fatigue terrible but soldiering on as we all do. met with my consultant last week who was pleased with my progress, in my opinion for me the hysterectomy was a great thing to have as i was early menopause before it and only 40 and i could no longer cope with the heavy and distressing periods every month which brought on severe joint pain and migraines. so for me it has worked so far to eliminate one less worry. hope this information helps someone who may be facing the same decisions on wether to have a hysterectomy or not. xxx

·
Registered
788 Posts
Ah.. a hysto.. well I am glad you made it through to the other side ok : ) hystersister site is a wonderful place to go to for all your woman issues .. I would know because I had my hysterectomy t the age of 28.. my lupus began flaring up with in a few months of that surgery.. and I too had infections and did not heal so quickly.. what they said took 8 weeks took almost triple.. BUT the hysto was well worth it in the end. I hope your feeling ok these days..

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. I am glad that your op went well, sorry you had an infection. I am glad things have improved for you. I hope your flare settles quickly.

Take care

Deb x

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm sorry you had such a rough time. I was so glad to get my done. The rhuematologist told be yesterday that as I go through the change(still have my ovaries) that hormone replacement therapy is out of the question with lupus. I hope you are up and around in no time.

Stacy

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Sorry you had to deal with post op problems but it seems common place for those of us with Auto immune issues. After my last surgery I developed a Seroma and had drain tubes for 2 months to allow the wound to heal right.

My hysterectomy was a blessing and I am thrilled that you feel the same. I guess it makes it all worth it not to deal with monthly distress. I hope you get on with feeling better every day.:wink2:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi there! Just wishing you good healing days ahead.I had a hysterectomy a year ago too so I can relate to what you are dealing with.Those of us with autoimmune diseases really can expect to take more time to heal as those who dont so please take all the care you need to,so that it gets done right the first time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.