The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Just wanted to let everyone know that i had a hysterectomy on 1st july and had a bad time after catching an infection deep set inside and outer wound infection but that my lupus during surgery and after were okay. i was extremely worried approaching surgery and after but to no avail thankgod.
i am having a bit of a flare at the moment and joints aren't good and fatigue terrible but soldiering on as we all do. met with my consultant last week who was pleased with my progress, in my opinion for me the hysterectomy was a great thing to have as i was early menopause before it and only 40 and i could no longer cope with the heavy and distressing periods every month which brought on severe joint pain and migraines. so for me it has worked so far to eliminate one less worry. hope this information helps someone who may be facing the same decisions on wether to have a hysterectomy or not. xxx

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.