The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my last dose of Cipro for the kidney/UTI infection on Friday night. By Saturday night I was feeling sore in my lower abdomen when I peed. Last night I started coughing. The same horrible, metallic, hard cough as when I had a lung infection just about two months ago. And, there is little question that the UTI is not totally gone. We are scheduled to go to Oregon for a quilt show, leaving Thursday morning. I'm just miserable. All I've done today is sleep. My fever is almost 100 F. I called and my dr. is out and won't be back for two weeks so I'm seeing another partner in the practice. I haven't seen him before and I've heard he's overzealous (when my husband went in for a sprained ankle, the first thing this fellow told him was that the suspected gout). Anyway, I see him Wednesday morning. I don't really know what more he can give me. I'm already on prednisone and that round of Cipro (14 days) was the second in 6 weeks.

I really don't understand this cough. I'm back feeling like I've been hit in the chest. A sore, heavy feeling that just wears me out. And if I breathe too deep, then I start coughing. And it hurts!

Grrrrrr. This was going to be our only outing this summer, just the two of us. I've been looking forward to it since Christmas. I'm determined to go, but if things don't get better I'm just going to sleep in the hotel room the whole time.

I'm just so angry.

Sunny

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Hi Sunny,

Maybe overzealous is good right now since you don't seem to be improving. Hopefully the doctor can give you something to make you more comfortable. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you still get to attend the quilt show.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
((((((Sunny)))))))) :(

I hope this new Rheumy appt is approaching fast, that Prednisone can't be helping these constant and hard to shift infections :(

I hope the doc can wave a magic wand and get you to that quilt festival in better shape than you are now.

sending hugs,

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
:sad:Sunny

I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so lousy((((hugs))))and possible not able to go on your trip.I sure hope the doctor does have something to help you out so that you can go on your trip with hubby.I just want to send you lots of (((((((((hugs)))))))))to help you through it all.

Tammy

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Sunny,:there:
I just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Let us know how your appt. gets on.

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
594 Posts
HI sunny,
am so sorry that you are still having the chest trouble and are suffering with an infection aswell poor you.
My chest is still the same too. I just don't have a cough.
I hope the doc manages to get you feeling a little better before the quilt show.
:there:

I really hope you pick up soon.

take Care

Cassie :)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Sunny,

I don't have much to add but really hope that overzealous is indeed a good thing right now. This thing has been clearly dragging on and it's time you had a break.

hugs to you and I'll be keeping fingers and toes crossed for that quilting day out :hug:

Katharine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts