TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This thread may sound strange but from time to time I have problems with wearing jewellery and clothing! Feels like claustrophibia of my skin :lol:. The other day even my hair felt like an alien form on my body, couldnt stand it touching my ears and neck. :eek: Oh my I'm making myself sound incredibly mad :lol:.... I know I'm not! I'm a very relaxed, happy go lucky person which is why I cant comprehend why I have these moments!:rolleyes:
:rotfl:Now Ive made myself giggle at the thoughts that will go though the minds of all those that read this thread.

I know other peple get these same feelings from time to time, but I really dont know what causes these symptoms or feelings....is it stress, depression, neurological. I know claustrophobia can be part of lupus flaring but I would like to understand the hows and whys and what I can do to help this symptom once it surfaces.

I have googled, but can find no leads on this problem so any insite would be appreciated!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi Lesley

I have developed a similar reaction with regard to collars touching my throat, particularly at the front. Unfortunately, I can give no further insight, but will watch this thread to see if anyone else does.

Take care

Merle

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So much better since starting a course of steroids......thankfully!

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi lesley,

Nice to see a post and miss our chats.

I have burning and ants crawling sensation on my skin that can become worse sometimes with jewelry but must say your post made me laugh the way you speak of aliens.

I hope your doing well and family is good.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi,

Your post struck a chord with me. I knew I was claustrophobic, I didn't realize how bad it's become. I work at a hospital clinic, and since H1N1, I have had to wear a mask every time someone comes in, until we're assured they don't have symptoms. I felt so panicky and irritable-I only realized later that it was from the mask!

Tammie

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to those that have replied! :wink2:

I do get main calustrophobia symtoms although midly, hate enclosed spaces, people standing too close, can't swim under water, can't go down an enclosed shute at a swimming centre.:sad: These feelinga are only present on/off throughout the year.

Just don't really know whether the clothes and jewellery thing is part of claustrophobia!:hehe:

Any way the alien force has left my body for now, just suffering donwsides of pred now!

·
Registered
467 Posts
don't feel crazy, i have similar issues. tho' jewlery isn't an issue i love jewlery :p. but i hate wearing clothes. most of the time i walk around in a tee shirt and my panties. i just feel too confined in my jeans and they're not tight jeans either. when i get home from the doctor or going out i immediately go up stairs, throw on a tee shirt and watch tv.

i find sometimes little sundresses aren't as confining.

just thought i'd throw my excentricities in the mix

hugs and kisses

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi,

I get the agitation, from being on steriods. Sometimes, it isn't even an issue, and then out of the blue, it hits.

My little dogs tags jingling, or people arguing on t.v., loud noise..really gets
on my nerves.

I was put on a sedative for it. Dr, said it was the pred..anyway, I feel for you all suffering from these bouts, as well...

ox Sandy

·
Registered
32 Posts
:rolleyes: I to suffer from feelings of great iritation from to much noise and to many people around me, just thought it was me being a pain,still its a good excuse to get some ME time.I enjoy nothing better than filling the bath [ lots of bubbles] and just chilling out .it works for me. Still i can quote you guys to my husband when he gets fed up with my moods and say its my lupus notme being a cow. keep smiling.;);)

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I can also add that I am very claustrophobic and will go into a full blown anxiety attack if I am in a tight/small place. This has not been my entire life but more so as I came into adult hood.

I think for me it stems back to when I was 17 years old and got stuck in a elevator for over 3 hours, and of course there was no cell phones then.:eek:

Every since this happened to me I can not get on a elevator alone. Sounds crazy but it is funny how things will effect us later in life.

In 2006 when my husband was gravely ill I had to walk the steps to the 12th floor of the hospital because I refused to ride the box alone.:lol::lol::lol:

Ahhhhhhhh, things that make you go hmmmmmmmm!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts