The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...at last i have an appointment to have a liver biopsy next week...10th june...so im in at 8.30 am for the day only....he wasnt going to do one until later in the year but as my lfts were up higher he..consultant... changed his mind....he wasnt sure if it is AIH or fatty liver....:worried:......has anyone had one in the uk lately?......thanks jane

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi Jane,

I do not know anything much about liver biopsys. But I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and I hope it goes well...
I am sure someone here has had to go through it and I am sure they will respond to your post... Again good luck and TAke care ...

Love Penny

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi Jane,
I haven't had one either but I just want to send you my best wishes and I'm glad they are trying to find out what is going on.Good luck with your appointment and let us know how you get on,
Julsie

·
Registered
117 Posts
My grandfather had one years ago

:)Hi Julsie! My grandfather had one many years ago so things may have changed doing that kind of biopsy. They used to stick a needle in the back and take a small piece of liver from that. Today though I have no idea how they would do a liver biopsy. So much has changed in the medical field today that it is hard keeping up with them and the new techniques! But hope all goes well!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Jane,

Good luck with your biopsy :luck: you should be fine, some people here have had one but they mustn't be around just now.

Here's a bit of info, it seems they can use a few methods. It's probably the first one in this link they use from memory of what others have had done:

http://www.mydr.com.au/default.asp?article=3491

love
Lily

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hello!

My mom has had two liver biopsies because of AIH. She was extremely nervous before the first one, and was worried about how it would feel and all the possible complications. It turned out to be no big deal for her. She said there was virtually no pain during the biopsy itself, but having to lie still for so long afterwards was an issue.

Good luck, and I hope you sail though the biopsy!

Terri

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Liver biopsies are not painful but you must lay still afterwards and that is a pain in the butt.

I wish you luck with this and keep us posted as to how it goes.

Thinking of you today.;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hope it went smoothly

Hello Jane,

Just wanted to say that I hope it went well for you today and that you will get good news on the results. Take care get plenty of rest. Let us know how you are.

Mary

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cancelled....

Hi....they cancelled my biopsy as they had a bed but no doctor?!!:mad:......they wanted to do it next week but im away to cornwall two days later and didnt fancy having it done just before trip...so as im unable to have time off im having it done on the 23rd july...the registra is doing it....:rolleyes:......i was soooooooooooo cross...as they made a big thing abt it being done and then cancelled it...i suppose if i went private they would have got a doctor...:tuttut:..so am waiting again....jane

·
Registered
498 Posts
Aw Jane,how frustrating for you:wall:...more waiting.Nevermind,you will get there eventually.Have a lovely time in Cornwall,we're off there in a couple of weeks too,
Julsie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts