The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....hope you all ok...;).....just had appointment with gastro consultant about my liver enzymes.....well what a lovely doc?!!....makes a change...:rotfl:anyway....he has ordered more bloods for different things...so i get results at end of this week.....he examined me and straight away said i see you suffer from photosensitivity from the rash you have on your neck/chest area?!!....so i have one diagnosis...lol:hehe:....anyway i have to see him in 3 months and if ALT levels are still high then i will be booked in for a biopsy.
Also saw gp after hospital apt...he had received a letter from st thomas to say i had high bloods for rhuematoid factor?.....and dry eyes ect...joints blah blah.....but why wasnt anyone going to say anything about this results?...gp said "you have enough to worry about at the moment".....:(.................does anyone have any ideas abt this being high?...i actually feel really rough and tired at the moment.....and no one seems bothered.....i feel and look about 60 instead of 48 i feel so worn out....:sad:jane

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Jane... Sorry I can't help and that you're going through such a rough time. You definately need some TLC! I am sending you a virtual foot massage and loads of hugs!

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Hi jane..

I too have a high RA factor although not actually dx with it..

reagrding the dry eyes have you been tested for sjogrens ?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi...yes but that was 2 years ago now?!!...im not seeing the rhuemy till next year now..unless there is a problem....hmmm...who else would do the test with the paper?.......jane

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi Jane:wavesmile:
Sorry you're feeling rough,I was wondering how you were doing.
I looked up rheumatoid factor because mine was a bit high too.Seems that it isn't a very useful test on it's own as it can be raised with liver problems,lupus,sjogren's or rheumatoid arthritis.Anyway,could an optician do the schirmer test for you?Hope you feel better soon,
Julsie

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi...new bloods done this week show ALT up higher again....:rolleyes:......we are waiting for the other bloods as they take longer....lol......i havent been feeling too bad..just very tired and not hungry.....:wink2:....jane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts