The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking Plaquenil and prednisone.. I also take beat blockers and Keppra..
I was on 10mg of steroids and I have gone down to 7.5mg a day in the morning.. on day four now.. he told me to try lowering it when I felt ready and so I did.. I waited until the Keppra was in my system for a little while before I started to lower that dose. I am feeling ok.. I read that Lupus can cause seizures.. how does one know for sure it is from Lupus and if it is, do you just take antiseizure meds or is there something else offered as well? Sorry for all the ?'s ...:hehe:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right.. I have only been on Plaquenil for a little while now.. and the prednisone.. the rheumie put me on this once I started having the black outs and could no longer drive.. and so it did help big time.. he started to take me off the steroids and all the symptoms came right back so he put me back up on the steroids again.. in the mean time my family doc sent me to see a neurologist.. I did give this neurologist all my rhuemie's info.. and I called and left a msg with the rheumie that I was taking Keppra for Complex Partial Seizures.. I have not heard from either of them but I do have appointments in October with them both. I guess I will find out then.. I am still having seizures BUT not nearly as much as I was prior to all my meds so something or all are working..

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was in the er for over 6 hours.. had another seizure.. this time my right arm was convulsing (sp?) and i feel completely bruised!! UGH the neurologist will see me tomorrow and I will also make sure that the rheumie is involved.. right now i am off to lala land ` I am exhausted!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.