TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have just joined. I have never been on a chat site befor so I hope you will be patient with me.
I was told last fall that I have Lupus and I don't know anyone who has it
so I feel a bit alone. I guess this is normal..... I can't help but wonder each day what tomorrow will bring. My skin and joints have been a continuous problem for over a year now. Any suggestions as to what I can use on the
rash that is on my face besides steriod creams ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
hi allison. have you tried aloe gel or cream. you can try it on a small spot and see how it does. i have had lupus for a long time since 1985. oatmeal soap works real well too. did they give you some kind of cream? this is a great site.ther are people from all over the world on this site.goe in the chat room sometime it is great fun. i have to go to bed sometimes i stay on here to long. take care and be talking with you soon Sue:)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Allison and welcome :)

Are you on Plaquenil Allison? That is usually good at sorting out rashes and joint problems, but it does take a while to work.

love
Lily

·
Old Timer
1,599 Posts
Welcome Allison,

Nice chatting with you, you did well. :) Steroid creams didn't work for me but plaquenil did. Like Lily says, it can take up to 6 months to get to full strength in your system. You're not alone now, there are many here like you. Hope you enjoy the site and make many new friends here. Take care. :)

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Allison,

Welcome to a great place. Sorry about your diagnosis but glad you found us here. Yes, Plaquenil will quite the rash but give it time to work. If your not on it then you may want to chat with your doctor about this drug.:wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts