The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
JellyJazz
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see down below someone else has also been in hospital...what joys lupus can bring to us all:rolleyes:

Although they weren't sure whether mine was lupus or not. I had the flue jac the week before and it gave me full blown flu - never knew it could be so bad. I started to feel better over the past two days but i woke up today feeling a bit rough...will this ever let up???

I have a ton of uni work to get through and i need to get back to work to earn money - its so frustrating, lupus/illness just makes everything a million times harder - i just want to achieve the everyday things that others take for granted:sad:

Sorry for rant...just feeling fed up with it all - this was my first experience of being keep in hospital with canualars and drips...they also put me on a cancer ward-not sure why but that wasn't very nice either.

In need of virtual hugs!! xx

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear JellyJazz,
I had a bit of a reaction to jab this year, unusual for me.
However much you want to catch up with your Uni work you cannot afford to push yourself yet.
Have a good rest,
x lola

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi JellyJazz
Sorry to hear you've been having a rough time. LolaLola is right and I'm sure you know it's true...you must take it easy and not push yourself no matter how desparate you feel to get caught up.
Anyway, just wanted to send you some special Janner hugs!
Take care,
Freya

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a bad reaction :(

I hope you feel a lot better very soon and, as the others have said, don't push yourself. In doing that you may just slow things down even more.

Katharine

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey (((((Jellyjazz))))) :hugbetter:

Sorry to hear about your having such a horrible reaction to the flu jab.... :(

Do try to take extra-good care of yourself while you recover from your hospital adventure....

Sending loads of hugs your way and hoping you'll feel much better very soon :grhug: :grouphug2:

:flowery:

Zoi

·
Administrator
10,196 Posts
Hi Jellyjazz,

Sorry to hear you have been so ill:(. Pamper yourself a little until you are sure you are completely better.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
JellyJazz
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your all so lovely:rolleyes:

I do feel a bit better-i seem to have good days and bad days-but apparently flu can be like that.

I know your all right about not rushing but i feel so guilty - all i can think of is "you should be doing work". I've also been my own slave driver though - i still have lots of lessons to learn i think!

Just to top things off our boiler is broken - no hot water - freezing cold!!!!!! Thankfully we have log fires throughout the house!

Freya-Janner hugs!! hehehe...i wander how many others are wandering what on earth you are on about! Made me giggle!

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. Hope that all gets better soon for you.

I don't get the flu shot. I was tested for allergies and was told egg based shots I am allergic too and not to get shot for flu. I can be retested in 7 years and I think I might be at that point..... hmmm something to think about in the future.

Hope you feel better.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Jellyjazz, so sorry to hear you had a reaction hope your feeling ok now
hugs Lin xxx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) :( Sorry this made you so unwell, I hope you are feeling much better soon.

I'm like Paula I cannot have the flu shot because of a severe egg allergy .

love
Lily

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
honestly, I NEVER have the flu jab - I'd rather have the flu thanks ! Flu jabs just make me so ill, I hate the things, so I can TOTALLY commiserate with you. Poor old you, sounds really miserable, some people (most people) seem to handle these things, others of us just can't. My docs have given up even asking me to have flu jabs - they know what the answer will be.

My workplace will even pay for us to have them but nope, not me, I'll take the flu anyday thank you very much. I never seem to get the flu anyway, so really it is not a hard choice for me.

hope you feel better soon

raglet

·
Registered
163 Posts
((((((HUGS))))))) Hope you feel better soon. I had the flu shot yesterday and so far no problems for me, but it does make my mom sick when she gets one.

Get well soon,
Mary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts