TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks since my anaphylactic fun with heartbeats two to three seconds apart (The things one remembers!) and the subsequent Lupus flare. Today I feel like five days after being hit by a 1949 Fargo pickup truck but with (thisis hard to believe) no pain at all. I am sure some of you have not had a pain free few hours in years so let me assure you: it is wondferful! Lungs still fairly full - I didn't mention in my former self-pitying message that with these "fruitings" I often get cardiopulmonary oedema. (I love the thing one medico told me, "If you die, it's congestive heart failure; if you live, it's cardiopulmonary oedema.") Still fairly stuck at home but that is little problem since we are having a miserable mimi-Winter right now. Snow and sub-freezing temperatures while central Canada is hitting +30C. Perhaps the toughest part of these two weeks have been the depression and unwonted suicidal ideation. I didn't do anything about the suicidal depression (other than prayer) but I am out of practice dealing with that since it had been so long since the last allergic reaction. At least now I can see the proverbial light at the end of the subway. Thanks for all the support!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Douglas:

All I can say is welcome back...and I am very jealous of the "pain free" feeling but so very happy for you! Enjoy it and i pray it lasts a very long time!

Stephanie

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I am sorry you are going through all this Douglas and wish you a speedy recovery and warmer weather. Brrrrrrr ! It is so ironic that you are pain free - a high price to pay for it.
I keep wondering what sort of person eats oranges at meetings even when there is no advisory against doing so. What sort of meeting do public orange eating people go to anyway. :hehe:

Thank you for your wry humour which I always appreciate.

All the best and Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Douglas :)

Sorry you have had this tough road to travel but I'm glad to hear that you are seeing some light at the end of your tunnel.

I hope the depression stays away now - not surprising really when you have had to go through all that.

hugs :hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
467 Posts
:wavesmile:hi douglas

i'm glad that things are settling out a bit and that you are pain free right now. i hope the lite at the end of the tunnel is the other side of this ordeal, in my case its usually a train :eek::wink2:.
i will also gladdly give you some of my warm weather if i couldl believe me i would we are in the mid 90s down here. sucks big time, heat sucks the life rite out of me even if i'm in the house with the air conditioner on. funny how weather can affect us.
hang in there and this to shall pass...least thats what i'm told.:cloud9:

take care :flowery:
hugs and kisses

·
11,405 Posts
Douglas,:hug:

I am glad you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Wow, pain free sounds like bliss.

We had days in the 70 & 80's last week. Today was a bone chilling 44 out.:eek: It is amazing how fast our bodies adjust to the hotter temps.

Oh and our asparagus has decided to grow. That is suppose to happen in the middle of May.

I sure hope someone told who ever it was about eating fruit at a meeting with you there.

:hug:
Lyn

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Douglas,
It is nice to hear that you are having a run of pain free time. Do me a favor and remind me again what that is really like lol. I am so happy for you and do hope that it is a life time of pain free time. We know that is not the case but it is always nice to dream and to hope. The dreams and hopes are what keep us going. I am glad that your pray got you through what seems is a very though time. I wish you even better days to come and many of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts