TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

just wondering if anyone else here suffers from feeling the cold... I am sitting here in five layers and I'm still cold! I have been tested for thyroid trouble a while ago but nothing there - I am also below normal weight but I have always been like that and not felt constantly cold before - its only been going on since jan this year... and its getting very annoying!!!

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
not me, I am the opposite and am always hot (not overweight, so that's not it).

I always seem to have half the number of clothes on that other people have.

Guess we are all different

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am always cold too. I am not comfortable until it is over 80 degrees. Wear a hooded sweatshirt during the day and my flannel pj's at night--even in the past week! This has been more pronounced over the past couple of years and I often awake shivering.

Holly

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi,:) i havent had a diagnosis of lupus yet :rolleyes: But i am also almost constantly cold! my hands and feet are always like blocks of ice, i have raynauds to. Its a long standing joke in my family that im constantly cold and my BF never used to want to hold hands :sad: because i made him to cold haha! I am also slightly underwieght and have had tests for thyroid that came back normal. however i do sometime suffer from night sweats and hot flushes during the day and then go back to freezing/shivery again!?!? Weird!
Hope your as well as possible :)
Bex x x x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bex_surf;509401 said:
Hi,:) i havent had a diagnosis of lupus yet :rolleyes: But i am also almost constantly cold! my hands and feet are always like blocks of ice, i have raynauds to. Its a long standing joke in my family that im constantly cold and my BF never used to want to hold hands :sad: because i made him to cold haha! I am also slightly underwieght and have had tests for thyroid that came back normal. however i do sometime suffer from night sweats and hot flushes during the day and then go back to freezing/shivery again!?!? Weird!
Hope your as well as possible :)
Bex x x x
Hi, have just been told i may have lupus,waiting to see rehumatologist, son aged 9 diabetic type 1 , mother Thyroid out. Have been treated for Chronic stress disorder for 2 years, Fibromyalgia but just keep getting worse. Thought it was all in my head, blood results show anti nuclear factor. Freezing most of the time but have lots of hot sweats, joint pain severe, tired and worn out with the pain. have had 2 blood clots in legs and 1 in lung after surgery. have had dry eyes for 20 years. full term stillborn and prem twins at 31 weeks both died. have always had back ache or some sort of pain but now it stops me from gardening etc, cannot open jars or bottles never have any physical strength.feel washed out and frustrated . Is this typical or am i just a moaning minnie?

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I suffer from the cold and always wrap up well! Then on the other hand in same situation another day I can also feel very hot!

I have a completely rubbish temperature control!

((((((Bubblies)))))) nice to meet you! You have/had lots of things going on! I'm glad you off to a Rhuemi soon! I would post on your own thread and introduce yourself and ask as many questions as you want! Everyone here is very helpfull!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:)Hi jb, I know exactly what you are going thru. I am always cold, the whole body, but the hands and feet are the worst. What this symptom is called is: "Raynauds"
I have just gone blank and I don't remember if you have
a Rheumatologist or not, but you need to get a referral to
one if you don't have one. I hope that you are keeping a
journal, but write down how this cold affects you and where, and when and how bad, and ask him if it is Raynauds. Keep posting, let us know and stay well.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi jb,

I suffer raynoids and also suffer from feeling cold. My family call me the reptile as my hands and feet are always cold and often change into wierd and wonderful colours - even in the summer!
Recently though, as some others have mentioned, my body thermometer is completely messed up. If I am not wrapped up and shivering I am stripping off the layers and sweating buckets. Night sweats are bad as well and, yes I am overweight. I lost 2 1/2 stone before being started on steroids and have put a stone of that back on. Originally I had 5 stone to lose and it is so disheartening to now I was half way there and now that 5 stone weight loss target has got futher away and I now have 3 1/2 stone to lose. The hot sweats are worse when I've overdone it and am tired and in pain. These hot and cold turns cause great amusement with the family as they watch me putting on then taking off layers.

Love beanbag :lol:

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi jb there is no one else as cold as i am went shopping last week with my sister and she was trying on a dress and she has long nails so she asked me to help her with the button on it and she nearly fainted:lol::lol:as my hands were blue i could not stop laughing.Then one of my grandsons that stays with us on a monday and he likes me to rub his back so he can get to sleep and he was the same he was shouting at me for touching him with cold hands:lol:So no you are not alone:lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
My hands and feet are always like ice blocks. My husband, on the other hand, is always hot. So when we go to bed, we hug tightly so he can cool off and I can warm up. Guess we're truly made for one another!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all your replies - yep I was diagnosed with raynaulds about 10 years ago - but I always thought that only affected hands and feet - I don't mind them being cold and technicoloured - I'm so used to it - its just that weird tired all over cold that gets me.

I also get night sweats - weird how many people feel lke this - I wonder if lupus does muck up your temperature control somehow??

Hi Halfpint - yes I've been seeing a rheumatologist for nearly 2 years -every 3 months (we ll I see a different one each time I go -but at least its all being monitored) I will write it down on the list for next time I go.

Thanks again everyone and I hope you are all well! xxx

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi jb1,
I am pretty much the same as what others have mentioned and yourself. I get very cold and get night sweats.
I also get raynauds.
Have you checked your temperaturem y teperature always seems to run lonw even when i'm feeling really hot. Usually aound 36.2-36.5.

Just thought i see what other temperatues are like.

Cassie

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I get mild Raynauds sysmptoms, affects hands, feet, nose, ears, even my cheeks on bottom:hehe::lol:.

My temp stays at about 98.5 (not sure what it if in 'C') unless I have extra Lupus problems about to appear! Before pregancies my temp used to be 96.5 - 97!

I do get hot on outside (and clammy) even with temp just at 98 - my youngest has temp control problems and gets very hot and clammy skin without a raise in temp!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts