The Lupus Forum banner

Amitriptylin ( was Azathioprine) and dreams???

483 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  LoopyLoo 
I've been on Amitriptyline (25mg) for 3 weeks now and it does help me sleep but I have had very real dreams. On other meds I sometimes can't tell the difference between dreams and reality but I can seperate them now.

Mine are not unpleasant but always relate to people from my past - school, boyfriends, etc. I did wonder why these people were in my dreams when I hadn't thought about them for years. I haven't had been able to sleep well for years and especially now when in pain so it's a godsend. I do struggle to get up early in the mornings though.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

That sounds exactly like my morning routine - I get up to let the dog out and take my pain meds then go back to bed....with pooch beside me ;)

I'm not working at the moment but I'm worried about going back to a normal routine. I don't seem to come to properly until 1pm. Sometimes I've arranged things in the morning on purpose to try and get back into a routine but it hasn't worked out and I'm usually back in bed by the afternoon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.