The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to tell you all a story of a lady who has been an inspiration to me for the last seven years....

She lives in the next village to me and she is 85 years young.... She gets up in the morning and fixes her hair and puts her make up on... And either gets a beautiful dressing gown on , or gets an outfit on.... She is allways smiling when we go and see her or when we meet her in town...
She has an attitude that just doesn't stop....

She was diagnosed with lupus when she was in her early twenties and is still here with us and enjoying every moment of her days her on this earth with her family and friends ......

Everyone has to have someone to look up to ... To me she is an inspirtation... Just thought I would share to let people know that life is not over because we have a desease like lupus...

Love Penny

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I'm glad you have someone like that giving you inspiration - you certainly deserve that at the very least

She sounds a lovely positive happy person, I wish I had a neighbour like that too - perhaps we should all take a leaf out of her book

Lesley

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Any possibilty of bottling the inspiration and sending it over to me, one of my neighbours could certainly do with a dose of your neighbours attitude and he isnt even ill ;)

I find its not my illness that drags me down at all just my neighbours attitude to life :eek: which is one of complete negativity to all

I certainly hope no one has a neighbour like mine :hehe:

Lesley

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
wow she definitely is an inspiration to us all penny,what a lovely lady :)
thank you for sharing...It's always wonderful to hear nice stories like that!

love karen x

Lesley I would keep your neighbours at arms length! :eek: poor you..I'm lucky I have lovely neighbours but you're right negative people can certainly drag you down :sad:

·
florie
589 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing that. It really put a smile on my face. We need more,lots more people like her around. I enjoy nice stories, and wish I had her live by me.(I would invite her over to have a chat with my mother). My mom is so negative she drags me down.
thanks again.
Hugs, Florie

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Awwwwww Penny that is absolutley beautiful.I am so glad you do have someone like that around you.Many people have said to me life is to short no matter what is going on it so just enjoy each and every day to the fullest like it was your last.Well i do try to live like that for sure but have to admit there are some days i find that hard to do.Well for now everyone enjoy there weekend what is left of it for some lol.

Tammy:) :) :)

·
Registered
995 Posts
Penny thank you for sharing your story, in the building I live in. there is a library for all the tenants to use. now this building is rather large and has over three hundred apartments.

the library was started by four ladies that have lived here for over twenty years. they retired here as widows after selling their homes and the death of their husbands
and met and decided that they wanted a library in the winter so tenants didn't have to go out

their age is 86,86,84,82
the library is open every Thursday night from 7 pm to 9 pm. and as long has I have lived here they havent' missed a night.

when I go down to get a book ( some nights feeling sorry for myself in pain) I talk to these ladies for a bit and then come back up here and wonder what I have to complain about. all four have some kind of illness. and they are always nicely dressed ,hair done up and make up on

and don't ask them if they need any help. you will be told in a rather annoying voice.( Why)
and what do you say to that. hmm because well :lol:
dont try it,I learnt the hard way

goats

·
11,410 Posts
Thank you for sharing that lovely story, Penny.:)

What a wonderful lady. Lupus hasn't gotten her down, she is in control of it.:)

You made my day, Penny.
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Carol, what a wonderful inspiration those ladies are in your building... And wonderful for everyone in the building so they can use the library, what a good idea...
Every time I feel sorry for myself which I have to say is not too often anymore as I am allways placed in a situation where someone is allways so much worse than me...
The last time I was going to the post office, feeling sorry for myself because I felt tired and achy....Poor me right? :hehe: Well out comes this man from the post office who is a parapeligic all by himself... and smiling... Well let me tell you if I could have reached back and kicked myself in the butt.. I would have...:rotfl: but with a twenty four inch inseam... you see I am four feet eleven inches... I couldn't reach... needless to say... I stopped feeling sorry for myself... and every time I start thinking sad thoughts I think of the people I have encountered who are worse off than me....The pain doesn't seem to be as bad then... I hope everyone has a pain free day today..
Just thought of another story, I volunteer every thursday at our church,
we provide a lunch for people in the community who would like to come... It is a free will donation.. And of course it is the elderly who come... We serve about sixty people every week... There is a group of us.. four woman and about the same in men... We make home made soup, cheese, bread and deserts.... Some of those people can barely walk but they make it down the stairs without complaint.. And enjoy there time out... We had a lot of snow here this winter almost three hundred centimeters... And I have to say they never missed coming... There was sometimes I felt like staying home... And I am fifty three years old... by the way I am the baby there :lol:.. That is one way to feel young... Anyway every one have a wonderful day... Love to all of you..

Love Penny

·
Registered
869 Posts
Thank you for sharing that with us:) It is reassuring to hear about people being able to successfully live a long life with this disease.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts