The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tearing my hair out here!!!

If my ANA titre is positive at 1/1000 ( my hospital does it this way!) and the value given is 160iu/ml, is this significant. I know they look at an overall picture, but shouldn't questions be raised it's at this level and i'm not symptomless.

Please help.

Woo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lily, you are as kind and helpful as always. :)

I have 3? at present and had pleuisy at uni... ( possibly viral though) they also though I had MS at uni due to various symptoms which was put down to an over active immune system.

My latest lymphocyte count is 1,000 per cubic millimeter. I bruise really easily ( I still have the tail end of one where they took bloods 2 weeks ago) and have gums that bleed. ( my dentist now lets me queue jump as well due to the amount of absesses I've had).

My fingers swell so much sometimes I can't get my rings off, it's my PIPs that are affected.

I would never try to tell my GP what to do or that I know better but really want this to be looked into. The latest Rheumy says it's not RA but OA but my symptoms don't seem to match, the x-rays showed cartalige damage but nothing else, and why my hands?? I don't walk on them!! or have damaged them!!

I'm so tired and this hasn't helped, I'm lucky I can work from home as sometimes I just can't function.

I'm also away on holiday in just over a week and I'm hoping the warmth and rest will help.

Thanks again Lily

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.