TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Again All,
I hope everyone is doing well, I started on naprosyn yesterday, and I actually got out of bed today and cooked dinner, still waiting on my first reumatologist appt. I was wondering if there is such a thing as a normal ana pattern, and what would that be if there is a normal pattern?
Thanks Again
Connie

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I think the heterogenous pattern might be the most common overall including healthy people with a positive ANA, or the least specific. It is common in SLE as is the peripheral pattern. I don't think pattern is all that important, just a possible additonal clue. The patterns aren't reliable and they can change. I explained about the centromere pattern in another answer.

I am glad the Naprosyn is helping

:)

Clare

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ana pattern

Thanks again Clare, I knew that I asked about it before, I was just wondering what a normal one was. You have helped me out so much, thanks again, I feel like a pain in the rear with all my questions, sorry if I repeat them. It's just the whole anxiety of it all. This rash is spreading up my neck, kinda like a v, not touching the middle of my throat, just the sides....oh well. Ok, I will talk to you again, I hope. Take care.
Connie

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Probably more "normal" would be an ANA pattern of low titre. Something 1:40 or lower would be considered quite "normal".

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ana pattern

My titer is 1:640, my ana pattern is centromere, I thought they were 2 different things... they showed on my labs as 2 different tests....thanks for responding.
Take Care,
Connie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts