The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jen
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can help answer this question while I'm waiting to hear from my rheumy.

Last month I had a positive SSa-RO test for the first time (my ANA was also positive for the first time in a while). What confused me was the numbers were the same for both tests 228. When they were run this month they were both 334.

Is the SSa number usually the same as the ANA number - both showing 334 for the two different tests?

I tried to find something online but couldn't.

I was dx with Sjorgrens in addition to SLE and will be starting methotrexate soon.

Thanks, Jen

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Jen,

It sounds like an incredible coincidence that both numbers were the same?

There is a new way to measure ANA, called ANA direct which would give you numbers rather than a titre.
  • Negative: 0-99 units/mL
  • Equivocal: 100-120 units/mL
  • Positive: >120 units/mL
And it's possible to have that number on your Anti-RoSSA.

Chances of them coming back the same would be slim you would think but who knows? I'd just check with the lab, maybe someone has made a typing error.

love
Lily

·
Jen
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lily,

Yes it is strange. Last month ANA 228 and Anti-Ro 228 and when the nurse called today saying the ANA is now 334 and the Anti-Ro is 334 I asked for an explaination as to why they are the same number. She was going to check with the doctor and get back to me - I hope to hear back from them soon.

I like to understand as much as possible.

I'll share when I find out.

Jen

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
definitely recheck those numbers with the lab, as getting the same numbers two time over is very unusual.

If you did, wow, I take my hat off to you (if I had one)

raglet

·
Jen
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I heard back from the nurse at my rhuemy's office and she checked with my doc who said it is not abnormal for those two test to come back with the same number.

I'll be sure to bring this up again at my vist next month. Everyone I've asked said it seems odd. If I find out something more I'll pass it on.

Jen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts