The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh :rolleyes:

My doc just confirmed Shingles :rolleyes: I've started the anti-viral so hopefully that will tame it a bit....................it's oh so painful right now :(

time for a break, this is getting monotonous ;)

hope you are all doing ok,

:grhug:

Lily

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Awwwwww Lily :hug:

As you say, time for a break!! Hope it clears up fast.

Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
:hug:Hugs Lily,

I've had shingles over one side of my head, was extremely painful...both tender alongside nerve pain!

Hope the antivirals help it clear up quicker!

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
((( Lily ))) it just seem s to be one thing after another. I hope this clears up quickly and isn't too painful for you.

Hugs Deb x:hug:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
:(:(:( OUUUUUUUUUCh Lily:(:(:(

That is really unfair. The last thing you need on top of everything else:eek:

Where are the lesions?

Lets hope those antivirals help quickly:worried:

Gentle hugs
X C X

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
((((((((((((((((((((((Lily)))))))))))))))))))))))) they horrid, im so sorry my friend, you would think a break is due hey? hope it eases soon lovey xxx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:( horrid things they are :( for something that doesn't look too horrific they sure are painful :(

Thanks everyone..............Cath they are from my belly button around to my spine on the right side!

hugs to all,

love
Lily

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh just as an aside in case anyone gets them my doc has advised me to go off my Immunosuppresant for a week or two until I am coming out the other side of it.

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Yuck. At what age do they recommend the shingles vaccine? I wonder if we are supposed to get that one or if it is a live virus vaccine like the one for kids/chicken pox?

Hope the antivirals kick in soon and you get some much needed relief pronto!

·
11,410 Posts
(((Lily)))

Those shingles are so very painful.:( I am sorry that you are having them on top of all the other things going on with you.:hug:

I have never had them, but my Mom did this summer and she said it was the worst pain she has ever had.:(

Take care Lily.:hug:

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
hows things going Lily??? sending gentle (((((((hugs)))))

Lily i had them from belly button going left, not many at all but boy it hurt, lets hope they soon go ............Lin xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At the moment I am in a self induced codeine haze :hehe: which helps. I can still feel the pain though :eek:

:hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
:(:((((((((((((((((Lily)))))))))))))))))):(:(

One tiny consolation that it's not in your eye (s). Not the best timing to have to stop the immunosupression though with all the other neiro problems you're having.

X C X

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

Hi Lily,

I know the Lidoderm patches are helpful with shingles. I hope you can get some of them. I do hope you feel better very soon friend.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No, it's not ideal timing Cath :( I will hop back on them as soon as this is over.

Today is a little better pain wise Sandy, I really hit the Panadeine Forte yesterday and last night - will take more tonight so I can sleep. Maybe the anti-virals are doing their thing - I've been on them for 3 days now :luck:

love
Lily

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.