The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
A friend of mine has just been diagnosed with Angular Lupus. I have never heard of this. She has been in hospital in this country and they couldn't find out what was wrong with her so she flew to India nearly 2 weeks ago, but was ill on the journey and an ambulance was waiting for her at the airport. She is now in a Lupus hospital somewhere in India.
A couple of days ago her eyesight went and is only gradually coming back now. They have put her on 60mg Pred a day and she is still in hospital.
Just wondered if any of you had heard of Angular Lupus
Hope you are all keeping as well as can be
Love
Meryl

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi,

I'm afraid I really can't help - maybe it's just me but I have certainly never heard that term used. I can't find it if I google it either.

Sorry to hear your friend is so ill.

Katharine

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hi Meryl
I am sorry to hear about your friend and the plight she is in. I only hope she will get the right treatment in India.
I don't know what the term "angular lupus" means either and can't even think what it might be as the word doesn't bear any resemblance to any sort of lupus I've heard of in the ten years I have been studying it
I'll let you know if I have a flash of inspiration, and if you find out please let me know :)
Send her all our best wishes if you are in touch

Clare

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies Katharine, Clare and Julsie
You are right Julsie it is annular sub acute cutaneous lupus, It got interpreted wrong over the telephone, also the language barrier is proving to be a bit of a nightmare as when we speak to her husband on the telephone, he is absolutely devastated and he is getting his words mixed up. It must be really difficult for them both as they are in separate countries because they couldn't afford for them both to go back.
Like you Clare I just hope she is getting the right treatment over in India, all I know is that she is on 60mg Pred a day and in her husbands words " a chemotherapy drug beginning with C that she has IV once every two weeks, she has had one dose and has to have another 4" so it will be at least 2 months that she has to stay over there, the Doctors want her to finish this treatment there and then if she is well enough she will be able to come back home.
My husband and I are trying to help as much as we can from here, but like I said the language barrier is proving difficult. We have told her husband to ring us as often as he likes and we will try and answer his questions.
Anyway thanks for your replies

Meryl

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
It is rather unlikely that her lupus is confined to the skin with her being so ill. Subacute cutaneous refers only to a lupus specific sort of skin condition not to whatever systemic involvement there might be.
Sometimes in an acute state IV Pred might be given to reduce inflammation as fast as possible. Do you have an update?

Clare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts