TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm very sorry for this. i seem to be posting new threads like crazy!
im just getting so tired of this!

ive been feeling extremely exhausted over the last few weeks, sleeping for 10 hours a night and still struggling to do anything. my driving lessons havent gone too well!

im just wondering if this could be related?
i seem to be very clumsy with my hands, sometimes ill be holding something, and suddenly drop it, as i couldnt feel that i was holding anything. my hands also seem to move very slowly, and sometimes dont go or do what i meant at all quickly. for example when typing or texting, ill go to press a button or key, but my fingers wont press it, its very strantge.
im having trouble getting this into words, and im sure this'll be very hard to understand! i hope someone can shed some light!
thanks. ashli xx

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi Ashli,

I have experienced all of what you describe but because I haven't been diagnosed yet either, I can't help you understand what's going on, can just let you know I understand.

The problem with my hands cleared up after a while. It was really scary when it was happening though. It may be a form of movement disorder (dystonia). I eventually developed other forms of dystonia after the problem with my hands cleared up. The other forms of dystonia are gradually improving as well now. I still need to sleep 10 hours a night most of the time though.

Take deep breaths, tell yourself "this too shall pass" but discuss with your rheumatologist and see a neurologist as soon as possible.

Best wishes,

Barb

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Ashli,
My Daughter recently had to stop her driving lessons and return her Motability car for exactly the same reason. Her hands/brain just won't work, the whole process of learning was tiring her and she was starting to hate it. I hope she will try again later maybe when she is a litle older. She is only just 18
x Lola

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi LolaLola. wow really? im actually taking my driving lessons atm. im 20 in 2 weeks. im finding it a bit of a struggle to be honest. as i seem to have delayed reactions, like not braking/putting clutch in or steering quickly enough.

i really hope your daughter manages to get through the driving! i hope she and you and doing well :)
xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts