TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, was just about to post about the Plaquinel and someone else has too. it's great :bigsmile:

I am almost 6 weeks into treatment and the combination of Plaquinel, the warmer weather and the month off work I am feeling the best I have felt in years. I can't believe it's doing what it's doing. The pains in my knee are so much better, the burning is less. My hair loss has been lighter once and my fatigue has improved.

I don't feel as if I am going to flare all of the time, amazin :) Also my period is due and the crippling anxiety and weird thoughts doesn't seem to have hit as hard this time. My thinking is clearer and my memory has improved.

I can't imagine what else will happen within the next six months. I love Plaquinel :bigsmile:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Pollianna it is so nice to hear the positive stories too :) and it gives a lot of hope to the newly diagnosed and those who suspect they have lupus.

Thanks for sharing that with us and :woohoo: for you!!

Katharine

·
4,430 Posts
Brilliant Polliana, I am starting to feel brighter on it too, but it took a bit longer... over 4 months, still I feel more positive now than I did last year which is a relief, was ready to throw myself off a cliff with the unrelenting pain. Hope it continues to improve...:)
Claire X

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Pollianna,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful news :trampo: It is great to hear how much things have improved for you. I hope you continue on this path for a long time.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aww thanks guys. I put on a dress and heels today and got a wolf whistle and a chap shouted from a car, looking good girl :lol: Not bad for 43 :innocent:

or is it the Plaquinel? :bigsmile:

·
Registered
467 Posts
great news pollianna, :woohoo:i remember when i realized that my treatment started working and i started feeling alittle better...keep it up, and thanks for telling us

hugs and kisses

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Six weeks in and for the first time in about 8 yrs a normal period. I couldn't believe it. I was all set for it to take months and months for me to feel anything. I have been wondering why it has worked so fast for me and I relaised I am only 13 percent body fat. I know the Rheumys prescribe according to body mass and I do have a low drug tolerance . I have had a month off work so the real test will be when I start my 52hr weeks next week :worried:

Just wanted you guys new on it or about to go on it, keep an open mind. xx

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
pollianna,
That is wonderful news and I am so happy for you and in only 6 weeks that is great. I wish mine was working as well and as fast as your did. Enjoy what you can and keep feeling very well.

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Pollianna,
What wonderful news.:yahoo:

It is great to read such a positive post.:)

Love,
Lyn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts