TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I would love to do a poll on this however my lack of computer knowledge has left me stumped on how it is done so I just posted it here in a thread.

I am curious as to how many of you have tested positive for Anti-DNA and/or Anti-Sm?

I have read time and time again that MOST people with Lupus will test positive for one or both of these. I have tested negative on both.

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have not yest tested positive and have been seeing a rheumy for about 4 1/2 years.
My son was born with neo-natal lupus so he is my positive result but still I am not diagnosed because my rheumy wont without a positive result (some will on symptons alone).
My Mum is diagnosed and has regular flares and symptons but very rarely tests positive, she had her first positive test from a biopsy (in the mouth I think), even though bloods came back negative.

Hope this helps, I find the whole blood test thing very frustrating!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Karol:

It's pretty easy actually. When you create a threas for the first time, you scroll all they way to the bottom of the screen and you can select to add a poll to the post. Select the number of options you need, then it will walk you through it from there.

I would suggest the following so that you will get information that is usable:

I tested positive for Anti-DNA and Anti-Sm
I tested positive for Anti-DNA
I tested positive for Anti-Sm
I tested negative for Both
I don't know

Hope that helps - Stephanie

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stephanie,

Thanks for the info. I tried yet can not seem to get this to post to a poll. Gosh I hate being so darn computer stupid...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I can talk some Science though...:wink2:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I'm positive for anti ds-dna

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Karol,

I've started a poll for you in Living with Lupus. :) Thanks Stephanie for the suggestions on how to set it out :)

love
Lily

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:rotfl:Are you kidding :lol:

It's the first time I've done one and that was thanks to Stephanie's instructions ;)

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well at least you were able to follow the instructions she listed.

I tried and got nowhere fast.:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe I need lessons in how to read and FOLLOW instructions.:rotfl:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Karol,

Just a thought - I have no idea whether I've been tested for Anti-sm and if so what the results are!

There is no option for me to say this on your poll!

Did obvioulsy say yes to positive to Anti ds-dna though!

Take care

Lesley

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I have moved this thread to join the poll on this section. People who are Newly Diagnosed can post anywhere suitable on the forum. The section titles are meant for particular problems associated with the title, not restricted people to them. So 'under 20's' and 'men' or 'not yet diagnosed' should post about meds on the meds section.

And yes, I am neurotic about it !:hehe:
Cheers
Clare

1 - 11 of 11 Posts