The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the site for antichromatin ab and found only a few posts last year. Anyone else run across this test? Any new info about it? Mine was "strongly positive"....anyone know what that means? Thanks, Fran

·
Registered
15,684 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link Lily. That is the lab that did my ANA 12 panel...did not think to look there.

The LN association does not thrill me, however. My GFR has been sinking the last several months...from 60 to 47. I checked in for a breast MRI (normal :)), but the techs refused to do it without speaking with my hematologist. Gadolinium contrast was the issue, and they felt that my kidney function was too poor to continue.

Do you know if low GFR is associated with LN? My old (retired) rheum told me years ago that I was at low risk for Lupus Nephritis....he had great instincts. I sure hope he was right.

Hugs to you Lily.....hope everything is going well! Fran

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
A better association for lupus nephritis is protein spillage than low GFR. Low GFR can be caused by many things, lupus kidney damage is one of them but usually it occurs along with spilling protein. In my case, I have low GFR too with minimal spilling of protein, so no diagnosis of any sort of kidney problem that needs treatment at the moment. It is believed that my extended use of NSAID's contributed to my low GFR... and it is possible that lupus has also contributed. Many lupus patients will have minor kidney damage that never needs treatment and is never even detected via blood and urine tests.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts