The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ,have started the anti d's today and am watching the clock and waiting for the urge to skip around the room and get my mojo back;) he! he!fat chance!
Julsie

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi julsie :)

Best of luck with the anti-depressants :luck: wow,If they make you skip around the room then I'm starting some myself :lol:
haven't got a clue what 'mojo' means julsie :rolleyes: but I assume it's something good :hehe:

take care,bye for now karen x

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Julesie,
Good for you. I hope the Doc. was supportive. Just remember any woman struck down in her prime is likely to be depressed! It will be great if you feel better.(You can come anc clean my house ha ha)
x Lola

·
Registered
368 Posts
:hehe: It's great that you started anti-depressant! Unfortunately, can take up to 6 wks to be totally affective. I'm on Zoloft, for several yrs, think I need a change, doesn't seem to be helping too much anymore. Hope you can dance around soon! Cathy:)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi...:rolleyes:...i have been on citropan..sp...for 3 years and every time i go to gp and say i am sooooooooo tired/run down/ect...he ups them?.....and they still do nt do a lot really.....i think im going mad at times.....i get very aggitated these days....lupus suppose?...:rolleyes:.....hope your feeling a little better soon....its depressing to have someone not believe you when you have symtoms like we do....you start to imagine either you have them or not in the end?!!!:eek:....i know ...i had a gp that was exactely like that....chin up hun.....jane

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cymbalta

I love Cymbalta! It's kinda scary admitting that but it's very true. I have been "not myself" for I guess 4 years. I lost over 50 lbs working me but off at the gym to find out that I have health issues. Exactly why I lost weight was to avoid health issues. Things didn't get bad until Nov 06. My doc always said, "of course you are tired & down. You have 3 children & you have a home day care." Finaly I spoke up & said, "if you don't put me on something, I am gonna drink already mixed TGIFridays Pina Coloda in a bottle every night." He said, "Ok. Here's 10mg Lexapro." Well come May 07 I had to keep uping the Lexapro. It just wasn't working for me. I was trying so hard to feel better. I have chronic health problems keeping me down but I truly want to feel like me again.
After an MRI that said no MS, I started feeling like I was crazy, litteraly. I started thinking that maybe all me issues were in my head. So I went to see a neurological phyciatrist. Sorry about the spelling. I was perscribed Cymbalta & my life is so much better. Everyday it seems I am feeling more & more like myself. My mom is on Lexapro. My best friend lost her mom to cancer a year ago Sunday & she is on Zoloft. My cuz is on Zoloft too. My husband was on Lexapro temporarly for panic attacks.
So anti-depressents may not be a forever thing. They have helped me be me again. good luck!
Jen

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Julsi, I am soooo happy that you finally took the plung and got on an antidepressant. I don't know which one you are on but I know in a couple of weeks, you will notice a real difference in your attitude about everything. I happy for you. Please let us know how,it is working. cause, like our other meds, there are plenty to choose from,as we are all different. I can't wait to see you jump and dance.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies,everyone.Lola,as soon as I get on top of my housework,I'll come and help you!:)
Jane,that's exactly how I've felt,sorry you had to go through it too.:grouphug2: to everyone going through a bad time,
Julsie

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Oh gosh, what I wouldn't give for my mojo to come back ! :lol:
I didn't find anti deps gave me more energy but they took the edge off anxiety and general agitation.

I hope they help Julsie - what sort are you on ?

Good Luck
Clare

·
Registered
85 Posts
Anti-depressants

Hi All

Just trying to find out something. My rheumy has put me on Fluoxetine for depression. I am sure I read somewhere that taking Plaquenil can cause further problems with depression. I am on 400mg day of Plaquenil. Has anyone heard about Plaquenil causing problems with depression and would taking Fluoxetine counteract the problem.

Thanks

Meryl

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Clare,
I'm taking citalopram.First night insomnia,and thirst,but next day okay.I've noticed that I'm less irritable...so far:) I've also noticed an affect on my appetite already,in that I don't want to eat constantly or not at all,so it's doing something..might even lose some weight:woohoo:
sorry meryl,can't answer your post,
Julsie

·
Registered
468 Posts
Before SLE and others

:blush: Before I was diagnosed with everything I have now :) I was diagnosed with cyclic major depressive episodes as well as anxiety, and post traumatic disorder and borderline personality disorder, :worried: the last two I have worked very hard to get past the symptoms and stereotypes. 8) I have been through all kinds of anti-depressants, most of them in fact, but now I am on Cymbalta, and although I find for me it doesn't do much for pain it had started to help with depression, but since it, depression, has been such a problem for me last year I got a vagus nerve stimulator, :excited: it is a little device implanted into my chest with lead wires to my vagus nerve on the left side of my neck. Every five minutes it sends stimultion to the leads for thirty seconds 24/7 unless I turn it off with a magnet. It increases the serotonin in my brain. It has worked miracles, of course surgery should never be undertaken lightly especially with all the pre-excisting conditions, but at the time I did not or rather was not diagnosed with autoimune diseases. I am on Medicare and Indiana Medicaid because I am on disability...the surgery was well worth it, although it had to be approved since it is expensive...in my life I have tried meds, therapy, shock treatments and none of it really made that much of a difference, but now at least I am not depressed, although the prednisone has made me somewhat down and sad, but nothing like the deep dark episodes I used to suffer.:worried: A lot of it had to do with a disfunctional childhood, abuse, genetics and my life situation. Now that my symptoms have names and there are medicines to try and I have all of you:p things are ok. Only occasionally when things get really bad to I start to feel that depressioncreeping back in:eek: I usually come to this site and something gives me support or a reason to smile. Karly

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Julsie :wavey:

I started taking anti-deps about 5(ish) years ago and i started on citalopram, they took awhile to kick in and help me but i found them really good. They didn't make me jump and skip around :jump: :bounce: :spin: (i wish they had tho) but they really helped lift my mood.

I have had to change anti-deps twice now, not everyone as to but it seems that after about 2 years on each they seem to stop working for me and each time i have swapped them i have lost my appetite and also gone off smoking and coffee - these seem to last about 6 weeks and then everything just goes back to normal.

I really hope that the citalopram works for you as well as it worked for me. Good luck :luck:.

Take care :hug: Jo :hug:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts