TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a huge pork loin on sale, and am now trying to figure out just what all I am going to do with it! We must have over 20 pork chops, with just the two of us in the house. There are just so many times you can do shake n' bake or dump a can of soup on them.

I'm going to have to get creative here! I am tired of the same old pork chop recip es, and was hoping some of you would share your favorite ones! :eat:

·
Registered
71 Posts
poork chops

hi bunny1. this is a easy one,can of baked beans add onion, brown sugaar what ever you want in a baking dish anthen put the chops on top cover with foil and bake slow 350. the chops get real tender. i have a few more but i got to look them up. be back later

·
Registered
6,152 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Very Easy one here...

Take chops salt nd pepper both sides.
In Heavy skillet on medium high heat brown pork chops on both sides (4/5 mins each side)
Transfer to oven safe pan and bake in oven at 300 degrees for 20 mins.
While chops are cooking
Slice one large onion (yellow, white, vidalia)
1 tablespoon oil in the pan on medium heat
Sautee the onions in the pan you browned the chops in (not brown but soft)
Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to the onions.
When Onions are soft.
Add 1 cup apple cider (unfiltered apple juice works too)
Add 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
bring to boil and allow to cook down to thick syrup.

Plate the porkchops and put the apple/onion on top.

Good with mashies, mac-n-cheese, or biscuts.

Stephanie

takes 25 minutes from start to finish.

·
Registered
995 Posts
an easy one I used to make

put pork chops in a frying pan with high sides
add corn, green pepper. onions, celery
worchershie sauce, ketchup
onion and garlic power
set to medium and let cook
makes a nice sauce and great porkchops

·
Jen
407 Posts
Very quick and easy, my family loves these...

Use thinly sliced chops if possible

On each side salt and pepper then sprinkle with a good amount of cinnamon and paprika, this may sound strange but it is awesome.

Cook the chops in a skillet 4-6 minutes on each side or more if thicker.

That's it. We love them.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow - how could I not pig out with out all these yummy ideas! I will just have to draw staws to see which one I try first! Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I now have the over-whelming need to have pork chops for dinner tonight! My only dillema: which recipe to use first!!! :)

X T X

·
Registered
9 Posts
if it is a tenderlion, cook it in a bag after seasoning to your taste, they even sell bags with seasoning in them.

if we are talking chops bake with sour Kraut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! delicious!

·
Registered
150 Posts
pork recipes yum

Thanks for those who gave the websites for porkchop recipes. They looked very inviting, so when the supermarket at some for just over $3 a kg,:lol: I bought some, they were huge, and had to buy 3 kg.

They sat in the freezer for a while - 4 individually wrapped chops, so decided :) yesterday it was time to cook one- just for me. So I wellbrowned the chop in a pan, while I was cooking the 5 Tspn of rice, big slice of pumpkin, small potato, onion, dash of garlic all covered in water for some time (forgot peas) in a saucepan.

With chop very brown, and vegies soft, I mixed plain flour and curry and milk, and put all together- from saucepan into pan- just fitted, and cooked all to a thick consistency. I enjoyed it, :rotfl: and still have much of the chop and the rest to enjoy later.
Enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts