TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my Rhuemy and showed him behind my ear. And explained how itchy,scaly and weeping this is. Also on my scalp. He said it looks like contac dermititis. When weeping drips i also get an odor from it.
My question is, what can be done for it? My insurance doesnt cover a dermatoligist. so i been washing it with an aniseptic. And i use dermarest to stop the itch.

any advice?
Florie

·
Registered
336 Posts
Contact dermatitis

I get contact dermatitis off and on and it is miserable, so itchie and it hurts once it is open and weeping. Sorry you have to struggle with this. I had to give up all perfumed soaps and strong soaps, could only use Dove or Cetaphil cleansers. I also had to be careful about scented shampoos, conditioners, perfume, lotions, laundry detergents, fabric softeners etc... as it seems the scent and the detergent is what causes me to break out. You may have an infection in one of the open sores if it has an odor to it and may need some sort of antibiotic. Also when mine is really bad and not responding, a Medrol Dose Pack usually takes care of it so a talk with you doctor might be in order. good luck!

Nancy

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Florie,

I would take all the precautions that Nancy recommended. Have you changed shampoos or anything lately that might have caused this? If you can find out what it is causing it then you will be well on the road to recovery.

I would get your GP to take a look at it as far as the weeping goes. Often Dermatitis and Eczema can get infected and you will need either some oral antibiotics or some antibiotic cream to heal it up. After that then a mild steroid cream for a short period of time should do the trick. But whatever you do don't put a steroid cream on it whilst it is infected, that will only make it far worse.

love
Lily

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Lily for your help. I haven't changed to any different shampoos.
I do plan on getting to my gp this week.

Thank you also kidsPT, It is miserable and i do need an antiobiotic. I use the same stuff as i mentioned to Lily.

I developed another problem, I have a sore in my nose for a while. Today the one side of my nose is red and swollen and hurts. I have a feeling it may be a staff infection. I am not on any steroids, or even plaquanel. I do show show low white counts and some bacteria in my urine. So my Rhuemy thinks something else is going on and wants me to see my gp. I have to get to him before all this gets worse. I woke up saturday morning and my lips were swollen and my gums were beet red. That has calmed down. I feel like a mess. I do not like my gp. But i have no chose cause thats what my insurance pays. He has walkins and appts. but even with an appt. You wait in the waiting room forever, then in the exam room for ever.
I hope you are both doing fine. And by the way, this new friend thing has me confused. but everyone is my friend here so don't take it the wrong way if you don't see me putting names down. Lately i have been under the weather with myself. But you are all my friends. Hugs to all. Florie

·
11,405 Posts
(((Florie))))

I am so sorry that you are feeling so rough.
I hope your gp helps you out and puts you on a good antibiotic.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

:posy:
Lyn

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello all,
Getting back to you on the doctor's visit today.

Well I was so happy that the mean doctor wasn't there any more. Now they have a women doctor and i liked her. She checked me out, listend to my complaints, and looked over my Rhuemy lab work that i brought with me.

Out come of the visit. My nose problem she believes is staff. And did a swab test for the lab. Prescribed an antibiotic for me. The scalp problem she feels is not contact dermititis, but Psoriasis. (different from what Rhuemy said).

My weight loss problem, she drew blood to check my thyroid.
I am so glad that today worked out the way it did.

Last night i looked up nose staff photo's and it was an ugly site. The photo showed a man with his nose so red . My nose is only red on the left side and swollen. So i got up early and called the office to get in. I was scared from those photo's and didn't want my nose to get that way. :lol:

Hopefully the medicine will clear it up soon. And now i don't have to worry about making future appts with the new nice doctor.
Thank you all for being there for me. :grouphug2:
Florie:rose:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Florie dear, boy, you finding a new GP that you like is the best news ever, I am
so happy for you. Did you get these staf infections from alergies? I just hope the meds work. How is it going with the Rheumy? Please slow down for now and let the meds work, and maybe then all will stay calm for a while. I think I finally found a great GP also. ((((hugs))))

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi halfpint sis,

I am so relieved and happy with this doctor. And that's good news for you also finding one.

From what i read staff infections are from people with immune problems, dieabetics,etc. I hope this med works for me too. My nose feels a little bit better and the swelling is going down. I do have alot of allergies, and dust is a number one with me. I have many medicine allergies. So the one she really needed to put me on was bactrim. But i am alergic to sulfur and pennicillian. I can take something in the penicillian family though. But not straight pennicillian.

I am on Zithromyrcin for 10 days. As far as the Rhuemy goes he did not put me back on the plaquenal. He says i am in so called remission.
I will be okay, you take care of yourself too. Hugs, Florie

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
hope the current doctor has got it right and it clears up quickly.

I hate those skin sites, you have to have a strong stomach to look at some of the photos !

cheers

raglet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts