TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed I am having a burning sensation on my arms and legs in certain spots. It is bothersome. I was just wondering if this is a common symptom. I want to wish you all a great week.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have had it going down my arms when I had cubital tunnel syndrome. Burning sensations often have to do with neuropathy, which can have numerous causes. If this is a new symptom for you and lasts beyond a few days then I would be sure to mention this to your doctor or schedule an appointment. There are definitely several helpful medicines too which can nearly eliminate the pain (or in my case turned it into a cooling sensation running down my arms instead of pain or burning which I much preferred!)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi

I have had paresthesias (burning, pins and needles) in my lower legs and feet, mainly. I also have a couple of patches on my back which burn and itch sometimes (like now). The burning has calmed down since I have been on steroids and I mainly get it now late in the evening or when I am particularly fatigued.

When they were particularly bad in 2006 I could not calm them down and resorted to ice packs. High steroids were the only treatment which could stop it for me.

I don't know whether this is typical for lupus or a neurological overlap (mine seems to be neurological).

Hope you get some relief.

Love Judi xx

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Vicky, I have it only when I overdo something around the house, which I try

not to do any more. It means that you have caused some inflamation in that area.

At least that is what I think. Check with your dr. Be well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts